Friday Favs

^^HAHAHA. I am so ready to put my resting beach face back on!

We swapped out the rugs in the office so we could use one of Thomas’ family rugs from his old house. I love the look (and the light!). Also, we finally hung our height ruler. Newsflash: Mazen is taller!

You know what’s missing from our house? The two living room armchairs. They are getting reupholstered in some Sunbrella fabric (did I write about this already?) that will hopefully repel everything that touches it and will last for 100 years, so we currently have limited seating upstairs. But you know what? I secretly LOVE the openness! Makes me want to rearrange the living room when the chairs return, but I’m not really sure what other arrangements would work. Perhaps chairs and couch facing each other coming out from the fireplace? But then it would be hard to watch the TV without a turned neck, so I don’t think Thomas would vote for that ; )

Remember when I wrote about that new app called Best Fiends? We are totally obsessed with it! I’m not getting a dime to write about it again, but I did want to share that it continues to be such a fun game! I am now on level 124, and Mazen has gotten into the 20s all by himself. I try not to let either of us spend too much time on it maybe a few rounds per day. But it’s really fun!

Early Mountain Vineyards just rebranded with a new logo and released their 2016 rosé. I just love the texture on the label! They sent me a bottle to taste.

It was lovely, and my favorite kind of rosé. It reminded me of fresh summer strawberries with a little bit of citrus.

I totally admit I am terrible about going through new phone cases. I flip flop between sleek cases, no case, colorful cases, and cases with bonuses. I recently wanted something that could hold cards and protect my screen for travel and nights out on the town when I don’t want to take a purse. I tend to tuck my phone in a pocket and go, but if I added loose credit cards, sometimes they would fall out when removing my phone too. So I found this beauty at Casetify with a 20% off deal-of-the-week and have been loving it for those special occasions.

I was in Richmond last week for a work thing and got to have lunch at the Quirk Hotel. I’ve been hearing whispers in the wind up from Richmond about this chic boutique hotel, and while my visit was limited to the lobby, it was so cool! The decor is stunning  I loved all the pink and marble. But even better, the food was outstanding!! I had a grilled avocado and quinoa salad, and my lunch mate had a cream of asparagus soup that was out of this world (she shared a few bites!). If you’re ever traveling to Richmond, stay here! P.S. Rumor on the street is that one is coming to Cville too!

And finally, mochi!! I was strolling through Whole Foods last week and literally bumped into a new freezer case full of them! They had a handful of flavors, so I bought a strawberry and vanilla to bring home to the family. Thomas and Mazen both loved them. Can you see how the outside is kind of like the texture of an unbaked pie crust, and then there’s ice cream inside? I also love how they are perfectly portioned into little balls (shown here cut in half). I can’t wait to taste the other flavors.

Have a great weekend if I don’t see you sooner!

The post Friday Favs appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2rd60XN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049