From Mozzarella Ball To Soccer Ball To Brewer’s Ball

^^ Yesterday’s lunch was a salad from the garden with cucumbers, mozzarella balls (love them!), fresh herbs and Dr. Ho’s Ranch. This dressing rocks!

Oh and some chips while I assembled it all!

Look what came in the mail yesterday! Thomas’s mom had our picture made into a canvas. We sent this selfie to her and thanked her for the sweet gift. Then he was off to volleyball, and I headed to a soccer game.

After soccer (a great game!), I raced home to meet Matt, Mazen, our babysitter, and Thomas at the house and to get showered up as fast as possible. Mazen said in the car the other week: “Mommy when can I have another babysitter?” (It has been a while.) So we surprised him with one last night. He was so excited!! Haha.

We were all headed to the 2nd Annual Brewer’s Ball, a big fundraising event for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Tickets were $75 and included samples of beer from a bunch of area breweries and small plates for many of our finest restaurants. Plus music by Chamomile and Whiskey, a silent auction, a live auction, remarks and great company.

Between the two of us Thomas and I probably knew 50 people there. Many of our friends attended, and three of our friends were honorees on campaigns to raise as much money as possible.

I arrived thirsty and hungry from soccer, and downed some beer samples and food so fast I don’t think I really enjoyed it as much as I should! There were so many things I didn’t get to try because I filled up too fast, but the food was outstanding.

Shrimp salad and rice noodles from Hamilton’s –

And these donut stacks with fried chicken and sausage gravy from Miso Sweet were one of the most talked about dishes. Plus extra donuts for dessert!

Despite the soggy rivers of rain that poured in halfway through, we had a wonderful time : )

Patrick always likes to say hello to you guys!

I didn’t sleep very well last night because I was aching from soccer, dehydrated, full and hungry all at the same time. Struggling a little bit this morning despite getting in bed by 11pm! Mazen and I made berry and spinach smoothies with peanut butter for breakfast. He is hoping for a movie day at camp since it’s still raining.

Happy weekend!!

The post From Mozzarella Ball To Soccer Ball To Brewer’s Ball appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2sAQgD3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049