From Water To Dirt

Good evening you guys!! Sometimes I feel that three posts are too much and two posts are too little. Squeezing a lot in tonight : )

After working for a while mid-morning, I went to strength class (so glad I did!!) and then came home to make dinner. I always feel so accomplished when I make crockpot meals early in the day! LOL.

My sister wrote a post about some of her staple meals, and I immediately bookmarked this crockpot Mexican casserole. It turned out mostly like a chili for us, but that was just fine because it was awesome!

After throwing it all in the slow cooker, I made my own little lunch – a turkey + havarti cheese wrap with all.the.pickles. JalapeƱos, banana peppers, dill pickles. Those count as veggies right?! Plus some chips and grapes.

I met Mazen at camp/the pool for a little afternoon fun after that!

You know how after you’ve been swimming for an hour all you crave is a nice little crispy crackery salty snack? Snyder’s of Hanover sent me some packs of their new Wholey Cheese crackers to feature in a sponsored spotlight, and I knew they would make the perfect addition to our pool bag : )

I actually came across an ad in HGTV Magazine this week that described these like so: “It’s like delicate crispy flowers were watered by a cheese sprinkler!” HAHA – I agree!! They are so light and airy, and I love that they have little cheese holes (wholeys!). They come in a bunch of flavors, like smoked gouda and the two you see above, and they are made with real cheese and no artificial flavors or preservatives. They are also gluten free for those of you who can’t have gluten but love crackers! Mazen loves ’em. #sponsoredbySnydersofHanover

After finishing up our snack, we jumped back in the pool and five seconds later…..the thunder rolled. Here he is back home not pleased about leaving the pool so fast while the sun was shining. (We would have stayed to ride out the thunder but the pool closed for a swim meet at 3pm.)

The squad.

We made the most of the afternoon though, and after showers we played “feuter” aka “theater” and rented the LEGO Batman Movie. I voted for Trolls or Moana but Batman won.

Snuggles were had by all.

When we got restless, we headed back outside to the garden to dig around. The Beanstalk Seeds are doing awesome!

We picked beans, carrots, radishes, spinach, and lettuce! Mazen did a great job tasting them all. Check Instagram for a cute video : )

This was my grandfather’s vegetable basket – so cool that I can use it for the same purpose!

So how was that chili? AWESOME. Topped with cheese, yogurt, and avocado. So good!! Mazen ate all of his too, which is a huuuuuge improvement from six months ago when he would have turned his nose up at something like this.

I’m about to get my little bean to bed. Thomas is out playing soccer, and I’m going to catch up on TV and reading!

Niiiiinight!

The post From Water To Dirt appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2s2PBZK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049