Summer Break Begins

Mazen and I are off to a great start for our summer break! With all the traveling I just did, I was thrilled to wake up and have no where to be. Of course I do still have plenty of work to do, but I am managing that as efficiently as I can in pockets of time! These past few weeks have been intense, and I spent a lot of emotional energy on two rotten things that happened to me work-wise. So I was craving a few days to spend with Mazen and remind myself all I have to be thankful for.

The first day of summer, Mazen slept until 8:30!! (He was still a little on NOLA time…) He gave me the world’s biggest smile when I climbed into his bed for snuggling!

He got up, put on his bathing suit, and went to the fridge for a seltzer water. Sounds like summer!

He has really become a swimmer these past few weeks. Look at those muscles!

Mazen and our neighbor also both mastered the two wheeler last month. They were finally ready to leave the driveway, and I took them on a ride on the greenway while I jogged next to them. All went well!

Another morning they pulled Mazen’s teepee outside and made a fort.

I had to intercept when M took his bedroom pillows out in the dirt and gave him some outdoor ones in exchange.

We went to Kohr Bros for ice cream!

And we’ve been singing the Moana song “It’s so shiiiiiny”

One afternoon we met some friends at the Northside Library for Lego Mania.

And did a little summer spelling. Gotta stay sharp!

Poor Gussie was lured into the teepee with a treat and then Mazen got mad when he wouldn’t stay inside.

“Mommy, swaddle me like a baby!”

Happy Summer!

The post Summer Break Begins appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2rQjBcw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049