Swimmin’ Holes

^^ (He wasn’t really asleep but said “Mommy, watch me relax!”)

Friday after our farm tour, Sarah and I went back to her place for a swim in her pool. We hadn’t spent the day together in ages, so it was great to catch up! We all swam and had dinner out by the pool. Super-kid-happy nuggets, oven-baked fries, watermelon, and carrots plus shrimp stir-fry bowls for the grown ups!

Friday night I crashed into my bed to read this book at the recommendation of Young House Love John. I am almost done and it’s really good! (Also a great $4.99 Kindle price.) It’s a bit of a murder mystery with a little love and some twists!

Saturday morning breakfast was poached eggs on toast, bacon, and lots of fruit.

Thomas has this poacher pan that makes perfect poached eggs. It was way easier than the little poach cups I had a while back. I can’t wait to do it again!

Matt came by to take Mazen on a daytime outing, and Thomas and I headed out to Sugar Hollow for a hike and a swim.

The first thing you have to do when you get there is cross a river over slippery, waterfall-covered rocks (easier said than done when your legs are as short as mine!). And I saw a SNAKE right away! He was sunning on a rock and didn’t seem bothered by all the humans (or dogs) at all. That put my nerves on high alert!

I made it across though, and across a second little stream later on, and we ended up at the swimmin’ hole.

The water was mountain-stream cold and I didn’t want to hike all the way back wet, but T and Gus got in. ‘Dem country boys :mrgreen:

I was happy to stay dry in the shade!

On our way back to town we stopped at the Hunt Country Market for some yummy sandwiches. I had the Harvest with melted brie and turkey! Plus some chips and kombucha and a brownie for dessert.

Late afternoon we spent a few hours at the pool. We have a 10 minute lifeguard break each hour that I call “rest break”. Mazen takes it literally and pretends to close his eyes for a few minutes.

M drew a picture of his cousin Emerson on the drive home! I thought it was quite cute.

Back at the homestead, we made Blue Apron’s Spinach and Feta Cheese Pies for dinner after Mazen went to sleep. They were awesome! I also caught up on my Bachelorette watching great season so far!!

Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend! I’ll be back with some live blogging fun soon!

The post Swimmin’ Holes appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2rhXTxV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049