Those Summer Days

I am living the dream working all morning and playing at the pool all afternoon. I am almost in that sweet spot where Mazen can play with his friends and I can sit and read a book in a chair, but not quite. He is still learning to swim, so I need to keep an eye on him, and I jump in to play with them a good bit. But the difference in his swimming in just one week of regular pool visits and two days of swim lessons is incredible!! He is a fast learner, and I’m sure by the end of the summer he’ll be able to swim a whole pool length no problem (or sooner!)

I’ve been doing a Cook Smarts meal plan this week. We had these noodles with veggies and beef on Monday night for dinner, and I took them to the pool for lunch on Tuesday.

They were even better chilled!

We celebrated Lauren’s birthday while there!

I made this Cook Smarts meal – chicken in a sun-dried tomato and spinach cream sauce with pesto potatoes for dinner last night, and it totally rocked!!! That sauce was out of this world. Mazen ate both meals no problemo!

Back tracking to breakfast, I had a chocolate peanut butter smoothie, a Thomas speciality, yesterday:

And today I’m having eggs + toast!

When we aren’t by the pool, Mazen and I have been loving this game called Zingo. It’s like Bingo with pictures, and he loves it. He had actually played it at school before, so he explained the rules to me, which was hilarious to listen to.  Check it out!

Have a great day, friends.

The post Those Summer Days appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2sPGFaX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049