Wedding Planning I

Now that the excitement of our engagement has had a week and a half to sink in, we’ve started to think about planning a wedding. Prior to his proposal, Thomas and I had talked a lot about the future  kids, houses, careers  but every time getting married or a wedding came up, I usually blushed, smiled, and said, “Well you haven’t asked me yet, so let’s have that conversation when the time is right!” He agreed  we didn’t want to get ahead of ourselves. So once we were officially engaged, we asked each other all the burning wedding questions: where, when, how big? Luckily, we are on the same page.

Since Thomas hasn’t had a wedding before, I really just wanted to do what he wanted to do. If he had wanted to elope to a tropical island just the two of us, I would have been down for that. If he wanted a grande society wedding, I might have been cool with that too. Just because this isn’t my first rodeo, doesn’t mean he should miss out on fun things that regular weddings have. I’m not going to wear a purple dress : ) We hope to have a small-ish wedding with our families and closest friends. Really, all I care about is that the focus is on the two of us being in love and that the people we love are there to celebrate with us.

I really never thought I’d ever have another wedding, and it feels a bit surreal to have the task of planning one. At first, I didn’t think I would share any wedding planning details other than photos of the event after the fact, but so many of you have requested some wedding planning posts that I thought I might as well share the fun! For privacy’s sake, I’m going to do my best to keep the date and location a secret, but I’m sure one or the other will eventually get leaked : ) Or you might just figure it out based on my excitement level!

The plan is to get married this fall. That is SOON. I know! But we don’t like cold winter weather, and we don’t want to wait a year, so we are up for the challenge.

We considered doing a beach wedding, which is something I have always dreamed of, but Charlottesville is such a great wedding spot with all of its vineyards and beautiful scenery that we think it makes more sense to have it here. Thomas’ sister-in-law knows a lot about the industry and sent me some options last week, one, in particular, that seemed like the perfect place. We met with that venue and have a tentative available date picked out  we just need to iron out a few more details before officially signing a contract.

The first place I went for ideas was Pinterest, where I searched for “wedding”. Omg  so many options! Pinterest is great, though, because it enables you to quickly get a sense of the style you love.

If I had to use a few words to describe the ambiance we would like, they would be: intimate, romantic, natural, a touch rustic, enchanted, and outdoorsy, using muted colors like blues, greens, and grays.

I put together this board of ideas  follow along!

 

The post Wedding Planning I appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2sWMZdt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049