We’ve Experienced the Best Results When We Follow the Primal Blueprint Recommendations

It’s Friday, everyone! And that means another Primal Blueprint Real Life Story from a Mark’s Daily Apple reader. If you have your own success story and would like to share it with me and the Mark’s Daily Apple community please contact me here. I’ll continue to publish these each Friday as long as they keep coming in. Thank you for reading!

It is now nearly four years ago that our initial story was shared on MDA. Over that time, we have experimented a lot with our diet and lifestyle to see what type of diet-exercise regimen best suits our bodies. To make a long story short, we have experienced the best results when we follow the Primal Blueprint recommendations. The path that MDA set us on many years ago has been hugely beneficial to us and our family and we are very grateful for that.

In the past years, our family has grown and we are now the proud parents of four children. This obviously puts a lot of pressure on our time, but one of the biggest benefits we feel we get from eating clean and staying active is that we can manage the emotional and physical rollercoasters of having children whilst working full-time well.

Around the time when our story was published I started getting into CrossFit, which felt like a very natural progression for me coming from a Primal Blueprint prescribed way of working out. As part of being immersed in the CrossFit world, however, there is a different set of diet recommendations that one is subjected to. It seems that a more relaxed diet approach, e.g. regular oatmeal breakfasts and more grain-based meals are ok. I did shift my approach to eating towards that and although I experienced strength gains along the way, I ended up not being happy about how my body reacted to the change in diet.

2I have now for the past year been working my way back to following the Primal Blueprint style of eating and have hugely benefitted from it. I am still getting stronger and faster all the time, but my body has shifted to a more fat-burning machine again, which is a big visual change compared to a year ago.

My wife has obviously pushed her body a lot in terms of having had four children in the span of six years. The challenges for her were down to not wanting certain foods during her pregnancies, like eggs or meat at times. Also, there are different needs for a mum who is breastfeeding her babies, for example, intermittent fasting was not an option her. However, I am most amazed by how fast her body has always recovered, including her losing her baby weight in-between pregnancies. This has been due to her developing a passion to source and create primal meals for her family as well as developing a regular and fun exercise regimen.

Having gone primal has been amazing for our family and we love providing healthy meals for our children, who love their vegetables for lunch every day. My wife and I are both certified CrossFit adult and kids’ trainers and we love taking our children along this journey of healthy eating and staying active. Through being primal, we have managed to achieve a lot in the past years, including me completing the SealFit Kokoro camp a year ago and my wife and I are now enrolled on the Primal Health Coach course. Thanks to Marc and this amazing community of primal/paleo folks.

Tobias & Harriet Emonts-Holley

1

phc_640x80

The post We’ve Experienced the Best Results When We Follow the Primal Blueprint Recommendations appeared first on Mark's Daily Apple.



from Mark's Daily Apple http://ift.tt/2rN4FvJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049