99 White Balloons

Happy Monday! What did you do over the weekend? I love to imagine you all in your homes and towns and cities and countries (!) doing all kinds of fun things farmers’ markets, weddings, parties, pools, beaches, gardens.

On Friday I picked Mazen up from camp on my bike and he immediately got a flat tire! We were about a mile from home, but it was 100 degrees outside (literally) and that would have been a really hot walk for a 4.75 year old. I called a string of four to help us, and Sarah just happened to be nearby and gave Mazen a ride to the house while I biked home as fast as I could.

On Friday evening we laid low and had a quiet night at home. We had plans to go to the pool, but big storms at 5pm postponed our plans. Should have gone because the rest of the night was great! I made a Cook Smarts chorizo dish and watched Nashville. Topped with sour cream and avocado, this was delish!

But let me tell you, this herb-butter chicken and succotash was the BEST Cook Smarts dish I’ve ever made! Strong claim! The sauce was made with butter, paprika, and fresh and dried herbs plus tomatoes from our garden. I am also never buying chicken breasts again because chicken tenders are 100% better in every way. These were great!

Saturday morning I went to a special plyo class on the parking deck at ACAC and joined about 75 other exercise enthusiasts in a hot and sweaty dance party of jumping. It was so much fun, and Chris put on his best playlist to date.

I had toast and coffee before and then T and I went to Mezeh for lunch. I was so hungry, I ate this whole bowl and was too full all afternoon!

We did a little shopping mid-day (!!!!)

Of the ring kind and the grocery kind.

We played a few rounds of Candyland that afternoon. “I hope I don’t get the peanut!!”

Sat evening Thomas and I had a date at the Clifton Inn. It’s so beautiful there!

We wanted to dine on the porch, but it was just sooo hot! So we ended up inside, which was romantic and much cooler. It was Restaurant Week, so we each had three courses! The duck salad and sticky toffee were both amazing.

After dinner, we headed to Sarah’s for her annual summer party. This year’s theme was white and bright. Everyone wore white, and she did such a great job decorating!

Patrick says haaaaaay!

On Sunday T and I took a little road trip for an event that I’ll be telling you about soon!

 

The post 99 White Balloons appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2vREmSU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub