Fresh Summer Weekend Meals

Hello, my friends! We had such a nice weekend. It started with some gray skies and rain and ended up being totally gorgeous early-fall weather. The break from the heat and humidity of July was nice!

On Friday night we had a nice dinner at home with capresé salad from our garden (home-grown tomatoes and basil) and mini burgers on the grill.

I went past Great Harvest and picked up Spinach Feta rolls to use as buns. And we used Mini Babybel for the perfect little cheese topper to our sliders!

Thomas and I watched the movie Split that night. I liked it a lot up until the ending!

Saturday morning, Mazen was up early, which was a good thing because I needed to be up for 8am ath con. I had coffee and toast and went to the gym for Bradley’s class. I really do love going to ath con on Saturday mornings!

Back home, I had a Juice Laundry Strawberry Chia Pudding for second breakfast.

Saturday morning vibes:

Mazen spent the afternoon with Matt, and T and I went out running errands. First stop was Zoe’s Kitchen for a quick lunch. I love their salmon kebobs!

Late afternoon I intentionally relaxed in the hammock for a bit. I dozed off too. It was a glorious way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

We met some friends for drinks at The Local that evening, right when the clouds parted and the sunshine came back out.

And then we had an awesome date night at Mas! Thomas’s sister in law works there, and we always get the royal treatment. Favorite bite of the night was those stuffed squash blossoms on the top left. And the homemade rye bread!!

We brought some of the bread home and had it for Sunday breakfast.

Sunday activities TBA next post!

The post Fresh Summer Weekend Meals appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2tQEEc0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049