Gettin’ Reflectional On Intentional

Remember my Word of the Year post from January? I figured that since we are halfway through 2017, I should check in with how this word is manifesting in my life.

In most areas, I feel on top of things and that I am making choices that align with my values and goals.

With the blog, I’ve been writing from my heart each day instead of planning more evergreen posts in advance. I’ve also added in some new tools that are helping me stay focused on the business side.

With my relationships, I am focusing on kindness, compassion, quality time, and fun.

With my spending, I have been smart and am saving more than ever. (YNAB is to thank!)

With my home, systems are in place that are keeping the clutter down and the household running smoothly. No crazy runs to Target so far! (Well, maybe one 🙂 )

But with my health? I have been more reactionary than intentional. I can’t say I have been living my healthiest life. I’ve been eating whatever calls to me in the fridge instead of planning ahead. I’ve been dining out more than I should (at least prior to our Bald Head trip). I’ve been skipping the gym, which is only halfway a negative because it means I have been taking workouts outside and playing lots of soccer, but my strength training has really fallen to the wayside.

They say that to reach a goal, you need clear, actionable steps, and in January I didn’t really list anything specific I wanted to do.

Here are three easy changes I have brainstormed to get my ball rolling again:

  1. Meal plan. Use Cook Smarts or Vie to save time. Ensuring I have a fridge full of healthy ingredients is always the most significant road block for me to have healthy meals all week long.
  2. Drink 32 ounces of water. Why not 64? Because I don’t want to have to count that high! I have a Hydroflask bottle that fits 32 ounces and I’m going to make sure I drink the whole thing every day. Plus I drink seltzer, tea, and other hydrating things that add up to the other 32 ounces.
  3. Go on two runs a week. Running is the easiest workout I do in my week, and also the most versatile. I can run beside Mazen on his bike, first thing in the morning, or even in the evening at dusk when it cools off. Unlike my workout classes, which have set times, running is so flexible. And if I can’t or don’t want to run, there is always walking, the best workout in the world.

And remember…

The post Gettin’ Reflectional On Intentional appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2u49wab

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub