Home Sweet Home

^^Girl hike with Sarah yesterday!

As usual, I came home from our trip craving fresh healthy food. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world when I walked into my house hungry and tired on Sunday evening to find the fridge filled with goodies. Both Sarah and Thomas’s mom house sat for us while we were gone, and those caring, sweet women stocked the fridge with food, from healthy prepared salads, a rotisserie chicken and meatballs for us to have for dinner Sunday night to half and half for morning coffee and even cans of seltzer and bubbly! Wouldn’t a great business be to be able to order a healthy dinner and a few staples to have in your fridge when you return from vacation? I’d be all over that! (P.S. I cleaned my fridge from top to bottom the day before we left when it was empty, so it felt extra sparkly when I got back!)

We have been eating well these past few days! Last night’s dinner of chicken, rice, and a home-made kale salad with sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, red peppers, and dill havarti.

I’m on a mission to do some more early runs now that it’s so hot during the day. I got up this morning to head out before breakfast. I had to walk the first half mile to wake up my stiff foot (from my 2005 surgery!) and even once I got going it was a slow run, but I was very proud of myself when I got home for even going at all. I listened to Young House Love Has A Podcast the whole time!

Breakfast bowl of yogurt, blueberries, peach and granola!

My foot has been extra stiff lately with all the soccer I’ve been playing plus a week walking in sand, which is awful if you have foot problems. I had been to see my friend Dr. Geodken for a pulled back muscle a few weeks ago, and the idea came to mind that he might be able to help me with my foot too. Dr. Geodken works at Airrosti, and the method is kind of like a super deep, sometimes painful massage on your connective tissue that might have gotten restricted or weak from injury over time. When the connective tissue is loose and flexible, your body can move properly and pain should dissipate (assuming your pain is soft tissue or mobility related!) I had surgery on my foot in 2005 to un-fuse my sub-talar joint, and my foot has had limited mobility and stiffness ever since. It really only bothers me if I do a lot of activity, but I am hoping that a combination of Dr. G’s (super intense!) massage and some physical therapy moves (ball rolling, ankle strengthening) will help. We will see!

Back at home I got worked for a while and took a break for lunch at 12:30 to finish the last of Sarah’s meatballs and more of that kale salad. I love making a big massaged kale salad and then eating it for a few days. It’s so convenient!

Last night’s Bachelorette – did you watch? Team Peter all the way! (He reminds me of Thomas with his facial hair, haha.) I think she’s going to end up with someone else though, and I am hoping Peter is the new Bachelor.

The post Home Sweet Home appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2tFnOiR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049