Wedding Planning III, or A Tale Of Two Shoes

We are coming along with the planning! I went to The Knot and used their master checklist to make sure I was remembering everything. I was able to cross off things that you might need for a bigger wedding (like hotel room blocks and buses for guests) and that was nice! Also, since our timeline is short, I combined “research DJs” and “book DJ” into one simplified category. Then I took The Knot’s list and put it into my Apple Lists app so I have one small, personalized list of things we still have left to do.

On the one hand, it’s pretty short now.

Other the other hand, so is time!

(Source)

We knew we wanted “simplify” to be the theme of our wedding planning. We want to focus on making the day about celebrating the two of us joining lives and less about details that make a Pinterest-perfect wedding. For example, we are foregoing ceremony decorations (like flowers on the end of the aisles) and programs because that stuff only gets 15 minutes of fame anyways. But don’t you worry it will still be a beautiful event! I am SO excited about my florist, Verde Natural Florals. We recently had a meeting to discuss table decor for dinner, and I can’t wait to see how it comes to fruition.

^^ Inspiration photo (source)

We’ll be using vintage cheese boxes, lanterns and burlap runners from my friend Erin, and these beautiful vases that belonged to my grandmother.

Picking a venue that had a lot of perks all in one was key. Ours will be both the ceremony and reception, which makes logistics so much easier, and includes rentals like tables, chairs, and a tent.

Things we have completed:

  • Venue (ceremony + reception)
  • Officiant
  • Caterer
  • Cake
  • Photographer (Cannot wait to work with Cramer Photo!)
  • DJ (Thomas was in charge of this one!)
  • Dress
  • Florist
  • Accommodations
  • Table decor
  • Invites
  • Wedding rings

Still have a few more things to figure out.

Let’s talk about shoes, which have been anything but easy to choose! How can I find a dress more easily than I can find shoes?!

Here is the selection of shoes that I considered:

OneTwoThreeFourFive / Six / Seven / Eight / Nine / Ten / Eleven / Twelve

I loved all of the Badgley Mischka brand shoes. My favorites were Nine / Ten / Eleven in the collage above. But shoes are so hard to gauge without trying on, so I knew I would need to order a bunch to compare. Since this brand is quite expensive (averaging $200 a pair) I didn’t really want to spend $1,000+ on my credit card and then return all but the winning pair. Returns can be such a hassle. So I had the idea to drive down to Nordstrom in Richmond and try them on.

Lauren and I took a road trip down, and I was shocked to discover that Nordstrom didn’t have a single pair of wedding shoes in the whole store. (I should have called first!) We ended up looking at Dillard’s, and found the store brand Alex Marie had tons of cute sparkly formal shoes.

They were all comfortable and much more reasonably priced $65-70.

I ended up buying these, which were the comfort winners. I thought I was done with shoe shopping!

But once I was home with them, I started to second-guess the pointed heel. A portion of our wedding will be on grass, and I felt a little wobbly on this heel too. Plus when I wore them on our hardwoods instead of the stable carpet of the store, I felt like I might slip. The last thing I want to think about when walking down the aisle is wobbling or slipping! So I decided to order my two favorite Badgley Mischka shoes both with wedge heels and just see how they felt. I ordered Nine and Eleven from the collage. 

 

Turns out I loved both of them in style and comfort. The Belvederes are the winners because they are so sparkly in person and extremely comfortable I don’t even think about my feet when I walk in them. And I can see myself wearing them over and over.

As a bonus, I was able to find them $100 off on Amazon! (Actually, that is a long story that involved the price going up and down by $100 multiple times, but I finally snagged them for $125!)

The. End.

The post Wedding Planning III, or A Tale Of Two Shoes appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2vILDVI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049