Capture The Fly

Roses from my garden ^^ !

Thomas brought in a tomato the other day that brought about a dozen fruit flies with it. You may have seen my Instagram Story about catching fruit flies. I received so many responses, I thought I’d share it here too! I learned this technique to catch them many years ago. I *think* I just captured the last one just now.

Start with a glass full of apple cider vinegar, and roll a piece of paper into a cone. You might need a small piece of tape to help the cone hold its shape, but you want the cone to touch the edges of the glass. The flies travel down through the cone to get to the vinegar, but then they can’t fly back out because they try to go up the edges. If you see any in there, you can take the cup outside and release them, although some of them do drown in the vinegar.

Actually Mazen and I played fly catcher the other day as a game. I love to leave the deck door open for fresh air, but inevitably flies come in. I gave him a plastic glass, and he had a blast catching them and then using his classroom placemat to slide under and carry them outside.

I went to strength class this morning, and then had a big salad for lunch. Leftover salmon and potatoes, sheep feta, heirloom tomato, chickpeas and spinach. Plus a few chips as an appetizer!

I’ll leave you with these words today that have been on my mind for many reasons:

The post Capture The Fly appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2i63BPw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049