Dog Days Of Summer

Those dog days of summer :mrgreen:

Breakfast chocolate smoothie and toast.

When we woke up on Monday morning I told Mazen we didn’t have to leave the house today no camp, no school, no particular place to go! We spent the morning in our jammies and built a massive pillow fort downstairs while watching Moana again.

Lunch sammie with garden tomatoes!

Mazen actually got mad when I suggested we go to the pool. “But you told me we were staying home all day!” I was starting to get cabin fever and needed to go out, plus the eclipse!

He actually loved watching it. We went to the pool to watch, and a thunderstorm had the same idea. We had clear skies all day and then the clouds suddenly rolled in. I wondered if some kind of apocalypse was actually happening! Thomas met us there with our one pair of glasses he magically found that morning (so unprepared) and we crossed our fingers that the clouds would part.

They did, just in time!

We all saw the eclipse with the glasses. Mazen though it was so cool! We were in an 86% covered location, so it didn’t really get dark. It was hard to tell because the storm clouds darkened the sky too. I saw a few videos from places in the path of totality and wish I had gone to one! It looked so cool.

We spent a few hours in the pool floating around. Mazen can now DIVE. I am amazed at his swimming progress this summer! The only thing he is missing is a hair more confidence. If I suggest he tries to swim across a pool with me next to him the whole time he chickens out after just a few strokes and grabs my arms. I know he can do it, but he doesn’t know it yet!

This wine embodies the last days of summer. I’m sorry it took me until August to discover it! It comes from Winc and is yet another clever wine label name.

Here are the rest of the bottles that came this month (I got a few extra thanks to some of you signing up! You can get $20 off your first month here. Most of the bottles are $13, and shipping is included!)

We had two hours of soccer on Monday night in the playoffs. Our team went to the semis but lost in the finals. I’m just there for a workout and the fun of the game so I don’t mind losing too much : )

Super early dinner salad with a slice of pizza after the games!

Hope you are all are enjoying a great week!

The post Dog Days Of Summer appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2vnSAdD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub