Sweet Summertime Weekend

^^ Boy wouldn’t put his head in the water at the beginning of the summer, and now he’s a fish! We have had such a fun time at the pool all summer  🙂

On Friday, Mazen and I had a date at Rev Soup for lunch. I got a side salad and broc and cheese soup.

And he had a pimento cheese grilled cheese with arugula inside ; )

Park playin’ Friday afternoon:

On Friday night, Thomas and I went to Public Fish & Oyster. Look at that giant one on the right! The Prince Edward Island oysters were our faves.

We also shared some mussels and the best Belgian double-fried frites ever.

And we shared soft shell crabs and a warm capresé to finish. Soft shell crabs are delicious, but they do creep me out when I eat them. There is some small part of my brain that says, “This is too much like a spider!”

Later that evening we joined some friends for a long game of Settlers of Catan! This IPA from Three Notch’d is one of the best I’ve ever had. I think it’s because it has low bitterness and is unfiltered. (It’s also strong!)

On Saturday morning Thomas made us pancakes from scratch! They tasted like biscuits.

I took Gus for a long walk, picked Mazen up from Matt’s on his bike, and we went to the grocery store.

Triple family late pizza lunch (plus an arugula salad).

We had some quiet time at home before packing up and heading to the pool for some live music.

T made us a late night Blue Apron dinner while I tucked Mazen into bed. Steaks with mashed potatoes and green beans!

Sunday was filled with soccer and even more swimming as we celebrated our friends’ birthdays at the pool!

Back to school this week!

The post Sweet Summertime Weekend appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2iAdfKn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049