The Leftovers

3 dinners, 3 lunches = 6 meals! I love having leftovers for lunch, and I rarely buy lunch foods at the grocery store knowing I’ll have leftovers to spare. I always buy salad greens and a nice cheese, though, because I like to turn leftover proteins and veggies into a salad! Here are a few of the meals we had this week in both dinner and lunch form.

Baked BBQ tofu with sweet potato fries and roasted zucchini and mushrooms. I used Dinosaur BBQ sauce, which was quite spicy on the tofu! I baked it for about 30 minutes.

I prepared a plate for lunch the next day so I just had to heat that up when I was ready. I added a little sour cream that was calling my name too!

Another night we had Greek baked cod, based on this recipe. I subbed the tomato sauce out and added sun-dried tomatoes and tons of feta! Plus green beans for an all-in-one dish. Pita chips on the side!

This was SO GOOD for lunch the next day : ) With crackers this time.

We have made this Blue Apron meatloaf 3 or 4 times now. It’s the best! It has a spicy kick from the chipotle peppers and a sweetness from raisins and cinnamon. Definitely my all-time favorite Blue Apron recipe. The crispy potatoes are great too! Kale Caesar salad on the side.

And for lunch, I heated up the meatloaf and served it with heirloom tomatoes, more feta (can you tell I’m on a feta kick?!), and Caesar dressing. I had some blue corn chips while I made this too.

Not all my meals were homemade this week on Wednesday we went to the pool and I got Mazen a quesadilla and fries and ended up eating about 1/3 of them with him. I spoiled my appetite for dinner so much that I wasn’t hungry when I got home and called it a day. Oops!!

What was the best meal you made this week?

The post The Leftovers appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2vOES5m

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049