Check Up & Check Out

TGIF! Even though it was only a four day week, it felt like the loooongest week ever. Getting back into a routine has been a lot harder than expected. I’m exhausted. 

Yesterday morning started bright and early with Mal’s alarm clock. I worked for a little while, but then Quinn woke up before his alarm. Whomp whomp. So much for getting work done – but I had breakfast waiting for me in the fridge! I had overnight pumpkin seed oats mixed with collagen waiting for me. And, of course, I added a big old scoop of sunflower butter to the mix.

Murphy enjoyed licking my leftover jar! 

Look at the grip he has on it!

After breakfast, I got Quinn and myself ready for his doctor’s appointment. I made a couple of shots of decaf espresso over ice to take with me.

Geet!

Everything went well at Quinn’s check-up, so we were in and out in about an hour. 

After Qman’s doctor appointment, I dropped him off at preschool and then headed straight to Starbucks to get to work. I debated getting a Pumpkin Spice Latte, but decided to wait. I know it’s September and I’ve been eating Pumpkin Spice Cheerios for at least a month now, but it still seem too soon for a PSL. 

Instead, I ordered a single shot of decaf espresso and mixed it with a Vega Protein + Shake that the brand sent me to try. It was quite the delicious combo! 

I also snacked on some kale chips while at Starbucks. They were supposed to be part of my lunch, but I was hungry. 

Eventually, I moved to the Capital One Café – Kerrie and I had back-to-back calls all afternoon. Lunch was ground chicken mixed with fire-roasted salsa with sautéed spinach and steamed zucchini and summer squash on the side. 

Mid-afternoon, I dug into a Vega Protein + Snack Bar, which was so delicious and very dessert-y! 

After all of our calls, I picked up Quinn from daycare and then headed home. 

Once we got settled at home, I made dinner for Quinn and me (Mal was out for the night), but I just wasn’t in the mood for “real” food. I ate a few bites (leftovers from the previous night), but, eventually, decided that I wanted crackers, guacamole, and wine instead. I basically checked out on the idea of eating a meal for dinner.

Later in the evening, I made a rice cake with a thick layer of Trader Joe’s Peanut Butter with Flax and Chia Seeds on top. I suppose there were plenty of healthy fats and carbs in my “dinner,” right?

Question of the Day

Do you ever just want to eat a bunch of tasty snacks for dinner instead of eating a real meal? Please tell me I’m not the only one!

The post Check Up & Check Out appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2gMt7oU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049