OBX 2017

Hello from the Outer Banks! It’s hard to believe this is the same ocean that is causing so much destruction down south right now. She is beautiful, she is soothing, and she is s t r o n g. We are sending good thoughts down the tides.

The now-five-year-old ran straight to the ocean when we arrived late afternoon on Thursday.

I honestly did not expect him to come back from the beach head-to-toe salt water soaked and I have no idea why! Of course that’s what he’d do :  ) First it was a wave that was a bit too strong, and the next thing we knew he was swimming in the surf!

We’re here with Thomas’s family and their friends. They come every September for 2 weeks, and it’s nice that the heat has faded and you can enjoy the beach without sweating the whole time.

We came inside for cocktails and got settled in.

Bacon shrimp + grits and salad for dinner!

Happy birthday to you (again!) Thomas’s mom made the Hershey’s chocolate cake, and it was incredible!

After a good night’s sleep, T’s dad made us all his famous waffles for breakfast. Yum!

We spent the day at the ocean. It was too rough to get in (there were red flags up) but I didn’t mind : )

We played in the surf and sand.

Love my new Yeti Colster from T’s mom! In seafoam blue!

Little salad with a burger on top for lunch.

Thomas and I got to go out on a date while Mazen had pizza and played Candyland with Nona. (My dress is from Stitch Fix!)

Our meal was incredible! Fried green tomatoes, swordfish for him, and beef tenderloin for me! I’m not usually a big meat eater in restaurants, but we were craving the surf and turf and shared them. The gorgonzola bits on top made the dish, and I loved the summer vegetable hash.

New favorite OBX restaurant!

Breakfast!! Some Quaker Overnight Oats action. We found them at the Harris Teeter here. Thomas is hooked!

After oats, I went for a 5K run down the main road here in Duck and then we spent the afternoon reading. I’m reading Three Wishes by Laine Moriarty (of Big Little Lies!) and liking it a lot. It’s about triplets! Her writing is just superb. It’s clear, easy to understand, witty, and never cheesy. I want to read all of her books! (The Husband’s Secret is next on my list).

Check back with you guys with part II of our trip soon!

Stay safe out there.

The post OBX 2017 appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2w0JiJR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049