Week Begin

I’m looking forward to the week ahead, and for this week to begin! Thomas was away on a bachelor trip this weekend, so it was very quiet around the house… except for when it was filled with children!

Friday

On Friday night I went out with two girlfriends to Lampo!

We had all the usuals: kale salad, marinated olives, Prosciutto pizza, plus some meat balls, and the mushroom pizza.

Gus wouldn’t settle down and waited up for Thomas all night. Poor guy missed him too!

Saturday

I was up bright and early for Saturday AM breakfast. The cheese was a lovely addition!

On Saturday morning I went to the gym for a quick session and then got dressed up to head to a baby shower for my friend Jess who is expecting #3 this fall! It was great to catch up with all the mom crew. Now that most of our kids are in school, we don’t see nearly as much of each other.

I had butternut squash soup and a spinach salad with salmon and fried goat cheese, plus a pistachio cake my friend Sarah made, and a taste of dessert bites!

I was stuffed after this lunch!

Mazen and I are totally hooked on the game Best Fiends that I blogged about early this year. When he came home, we spent some time playing outside and getting all sweaty and then relaxing and beating a few levels together.

Sylvia and Sawyer came over on Saturday afternoon for a sleepover Saturday. I didn’t capture many pictures except for this one of them eating their salad course before I brought out a yummy pizza. The whole “give them salad first while they’re hungry” rule worked well! But, of course, they still had plenty of room for pizza. Sylvia looks thrilled, doesn’t she?!

It was a miracle that everyone was bathed and asleep by 8 p.m. or so. Truly. I had my leftovers from lunch and watched Big Little Lies!

Sunday

…I forgot to knock on wood because Mazen and Sylvia got up for the day at FOUR FORTY FIVE AM! Thankfully, they didn’t wake up Sawyer, who slept until 6:30 a.m., but it was still quite the long morning.

For breakfast we had blueberry muffins with fruit that Sarah left for us, and then headed to ACAC for playtime for the kids and a shower and a little work time for me. I had overnight oats for breakfast while I was there.

Sunday afternoon was spent on the soccer field, as I had 2x games, and Sunday evening I was glad to reconnect with this guy! *Heart eyes*

The post Week Begin appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2f4uCP3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049