Weekly Eats + Workouts (9/18)

Hi, guys! Happy, happy, HAPPY Monday to you! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mal was away for a bachelor party in Nashville, so I was flying solo, but Qman (and Murphy) and I still had an awesome time. We went to Touch-a-Truck in our town, and I can’t even Quinn’s excitement. His face along when we walked into the event was epic. His eyes were huge and his mouth literally dropped open. It was the cutest thing ever!


And, my gosh, he had THE BEST time running from truck to truck, climbing in and exploring everything. It was serious so fun for the both of us! 🙂

Ok, first things first, I’ve received a ton of questions about products/apparel in my life lately, so I conveniently added them to the SHOP page on CNC. What’s featured is a mix of new and long-time favorites – everything from just-purchased athleisure tops to my tried-and-true running sneakers. Feel free to pop over whenever the shopping mood strikes, and I’ll be sure to keep the page updated on the regular. And, of course, THANK YOU for supporting CNC! 🙂

And now for a recap of my EATS + WORKOUTS from last week!

Ok, so I started strong taking photographs of all of my meals and snacks, but then it started to feel kind of overwhelming. Not that it was difficult to snap photos of what I ate, but I felt a pressure to keep things interesting and add variety to my eats, so my followers weren’t seeing the same foods over and over again. This is totally fine for the most part – I like to switch up my meals and snacks – but it started to feel like I was making food choices for the blog/Instagram and not for myself. It was just starting to bug me, so I decide to cut back and just do my thing. Long story short, I’m going pick a few days each week of my meals and snacks to feature. That way, I can just go back to eating like I normally do, which, timing-wise, is perfect because I’m starting the Post-Summer Slim Down today. We use a 3-day approach with our meal plans, which definitely fits with my lifestyle (aka simple, delicious food)! Anyway, with that, here’s a snapshot of my eats from last week! 🙂

EATS

  • Overnight oats made with chia seeds, ground flaxseeds, SFH churro protein powder, collagen, almond milk, and peanut butter (recipe)
  • Decaf latte made with unsweetened almond milk and a splash of half & half
  • Ground chicken with leftover red potatoes, green beans, and grainy mustard
  • Pumpkin Spice Cheerios with banana slices and almond milk x 2 (because who can eat just one bowl of cereal?)
  • Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip with veggies
  • Same as lunch with steamed spinach and crumbled feta
  • Cinnamon Toast Crunch straight from the box

FYI: If you’re still looking for Pumpkin Spice Cheerios, I’ve seen them at Target and Stop & Shop. If you’ve seen them near you, please leave a comment on this post. They’re a hot commodity and everyone is looking for them! I swear, they’re THAT good! 🙂

WORKOUTS

I finally feel like I’m getting back into a groove with my workouts. I went through a slump where I was only working out a couple of times a week and just felt blah about myself. Apparently, I need those post-workout, feel-good endorphins in my life! Recently, though, I’m dividing my time between CrossFit and running with 3-4 CrossFit workouts and running 1-2 times per a week with at least 2 rest days mixed in. Usually, on the rest days, I’ll take Murphy for a long walk (2-3 miles). All this to say, I’m feeling much about and during my workouts!

Monday: Orangetheory – My heart-rate monitor died toward the end of the workout, which is why there’s so much black!

Tuesday: CrossFit – I think my time was just under 8 minutes, but I used a #35 kettlebell. The #53 always screws up my back, so I mostly avoid it nowadays.


Wednesday: Rest/long walk with Murphy

Thursday: Rest 

Friday: CrossFit – 7:37 Rx


Saturday: CrossFit – Loved this bodyweight workout! My quads are still sore today!


Sunday: 4-mile run with Marisa 


Question of the Day

 

 

The post Weekly Eats + Workouts (9/18) appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2y9LMSF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049