5 for Monday – Israel Edition

Hi, guys! Happy Monday and greetings from Israel! 🙂

I’m having such a great time here and couldn’t wait for my usual “5 for Friday” blog post, so I decided to bump it to today, so I can tell you a little about some of the incredible experiences I’ve already had here. It’s only day 4 of the trip, and I have SO MUCH to tell you guys! Here are just some highlights!

FASCINATING – Jerusalem. What an experience. On Saturday, we explored Jerusalem and some of the world’s most sacred places. It was emotional, beautiful, and an experience I will never forget. I still can’t believe I had the opportunity to visit. Never in a million years did I think I would visit Jerusalem. I was raised Catholic and religion was an integral part of my life growing up, so many times throughout our visit, I stopped and made it a point to take it all in. And, of course, I’m so incredibly grateful for this once in a lifetime experience. It wouldn’t be possible without you guys, so thank you for supporting me and following me on all of my life adventures.

Photo: Or Kaplan

FOOD – One of my favorite meals in Israel so far: Sabich! It’s a popular pita sandwich stuffed with fried eggplant and hard boiled eggs as well as other delicious ingredients – everything from artichokes and potatoes to figs and pickles! Fun fact: The word “Sabich” comes from the Arabic word for “morning”, so Israels often eat these sandwiches for breakfast.

FITNESS – Running through the markets of Tel Aviv! We ran with a group called Reaction Club, and they were SO FUN! We ran through the streets of Tel Aviv and finished at the beach with a dance party. It was easily one of the coolest fitness activities I’ve ever experienced!

Sneakers: Brooks Glycerin

FAVORITE – Bamba! These peanut butter puffs are a popular snack in Israel, especially with babies and little kids. And, my gosh, they are delicious. If you love peanut butter, you will lovvvvee these! Related: I heard Trader Joe’s recently started to sell Bamba. I’m planning to bring some home from Israel, but I’m glad to know I can find it at TJ’s now!

Photo: Or Kaplan

FRIENDS – The influencers on this trip are phenomenal. Vibe Israel picked such a great group! We’ve had a lot of fun already, and I know these guys are people I will keep in touch with in the future. Left to right: Jorge, Rebecca, Charlie, me, Danny.

Photo: Or Kaplan

That’s it for now – just some quick highlights from the first three days. I have lots more to tell you! In the meantime, be sure to check back tomorrow for a fun giveaway! 🙂

 

 

The post 5 for Monday – Israel Edition appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2xB6dIi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049