Cake And A Dog On An iPad

The cake that keeps on giving! We decided to freeze half for our anniversary next year and had some of it with Mazen as a special treat our first night home.

Passionfruit, raspberries and vanilla custard! (We also had a chocolate layer!) Delish!

So what’s been going on in normal life?

^^Little red riding dog <3

Breakfast Sandwiches

Thomas got me into breakfast sandwiches! He often makes them on the weekends and will make one for me too. I like the English muffin-style, with jam, eggs, and cheese – the best! (He doesn’t put jam on his, though! Haha.)

Online Design

As much as I like decorating, I sometimes lack the confidence to make bigger decisions. I flip flop between minimalism and the perfect styled look that you see in magazines. You know, the coffee table that is covered but the items still look neat? I have very little art on my walls because it makes me feel cluttered. Sometimes I think I just need a decorator! But, I don’t want to spend more than a few hundred dollars on design because I don’t have lots of dollars that are sitting around. Sometimes I just want to get an expert’s suggestion on one thing, not a whole room. I read an article in Better Homes & Gardens about some online design services, like Laurel and Wolf and Havenly, and am considering doing one of their smaller design packages. I’m curious if any of you have used an online design service before?

Hey Siri, Set Timer for 8 Minutes

I often experience a Goldilocks effect with tea: I either try to drink it too soon and burn my tongue or I forget about it while it cools and then I have to drink it cold. Thomas and I make tea (Sleepytime!) almost every night, and we have a new system: a timer for 8 minutes. At the 8-minute mark we can pick it up and sip it ’till it’s gone, no burnt tongues around. Try it!

White Rice

I usually buy brown rice for the added nutrition, but I bought jasmine rice for a recipe and loved it! It has such a light flavor and great texture. I like short grain brown rice for things like stir-frys or soups, but I enjoy white as a side. The coconut rice we made at the beach last month was excellent! I need to make that again.

Dry Farm Wines

My friend Emily sent me an article about Dry Farm Wines, which is an organic, all-natural wine club. This is what they promise:

I am relaxed about the wines I drink, and I’m not going to quibble over sugar content or carbs. However, Dry Farm Wines promises HANGOVER-FREE wine. That is something I was excited to read! In reality, I wanted to prove them wrong and drink so much that I got a hangover :mrgreen: because hangovers are caused by dehydration, right? Emily and I inquired about ordering a bottle or two to try, but they only offer it by the case. (Luckily they were nice enough to send me a bottle to try in exchange for a mention here!)

We liked the wine a lot. It was dry, with touches of leathery red fruit, and guess what – no hangovers! However, to be fair, we had to SHARE the bottle, so we didn’t do a fair experiment to test our tolerances! 🙂 The wines are a bit too expensive for me to buy regularly, but I totally appreciate that they are organic, low in sulfites, and lab tested for high standards of purity. They’d make a great gift for a health nut!

Best Fiends

Now even Gus is hooked.

Yup.

The post Cake And A Dog On An iPad appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2y3LkIW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049