Happily Ever After

Hi friends! Thanks for giving me time to breathe and catch up after the most amazing weekend. We spent all day yesterday soaking it all in and reflecting on all the fun we had and how lucky we are.

I have a selection of sneak peak photos from our amazing photographer, Sarah Cramer Shields of Cramer Photo. My hope is to tell you a little bit about the weekend festivities before and after the wedding over the next few days and go into a more detail about the ceremony and reception when we’re on our honeymoon in two weeks and I have many more photos to share!

I don’t know where to begin, so I suppose I’ll start from the beginning, going back to Friday. My sister and her family as well as my parents arrived to town. I was nervous with anticipation up to that moment and once they arrived, I was able to relax a bit more.

On Friday night I hosted a cocktail party so our immediate families could mingle. This is the only photo I have – the flowers I bought for the table that afternoon! I had a spread of appetizers and drinks for everyone and we had pizza for dinner later that night.

Saturday morning we did last minute organizing, and I went on a fast run with my brother-in-law Matt. Then we walked downtown for lunch at Brasserie Saison.

The cousins had a great time making each other laugh!

On Saturday afternoon we caravanned out to Thomas’s parents’ house for a rehearsal and party.

T’s mom had heavy hors d’oeuvres catered by Laura Fonner (the chef at Duners!), and everything was amazing. Her cheese board was incredible, and she made a pimento cheese spinach + artichoke dip that was out of this world!

Merriment was had by all 🙂

T has the best group of guys!

And so do I : )

Our moms love each other too and couldn’t stop smiling.

On Saturday night we went out with a group to the Fitzroy. A bunch of friends came by to celebrate! I sipped this cocktail, but I didn’t have much or stay out too late so I could get my beauty rest.

(Shout out to Dave and Maggie, who reported they discuss our blog posts over dinner! Ha!)

I said goodbye to Thomas, who was staying with a friend downtown and made my way home to bed. It was sad saying goodbye, but we didn’t want to see each other until I walked down the aisle, so we knew it’s what we had to do.

The next day was magical, and I can’t wait to tell you more about it! One thing’s for sure: we had the most epic weather all weekend, and I could not be more thankful for that!

The post Happily Ever After appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2xP1ndR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049