Homecoming + Terranea

Helllooooo everyone!! Did you enjoy wedding week?! It seemed like you did! We came home from our honeymoon over the weekend. I missed you all. I missed Mazen!! And really just missed normal life. (And oatmeal and kale – for real.)

The first night of our honeymoon

We had a fabulous time on our cruise to Mexico, and I can’t wait to share all the pics! The posts – three of ’em – will be coming up as soon as I can get them written.

I was able to write a bit about our first leg of the honeymoon on the plane. We had a one-night stay in Los Angeles before our ship sailed in the morning! I had asked my cousin Anna for a recommendation for a “fabulous oceanfront hotel.” Her recommendation was Terranea.

Terranea was stunning and lived up to our expectations and its reputation! It was likely the nicest hotel I’ve ever spent the night in. We arrived after dark and after a long day of travel, but the views from our room the next morning were spectacular!

We were greeted with champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries in our room. (I had put on the “anything to note?” part of the reservation that it was our honeymoon!) After settling in, we had a fun little dinner in the Asian restaurant, Bashi, at the bar and everything tasted incredibly fresh! We shared sushi and a tuna poke bowl.

The sunrise the next morning was breathtaking.

We had a light breakfast (bananas and coffee) and took a short hike along the cliffs overlooking the ocean.

Our last stop: the pool. Our time was short, but we used every minute until our noon checkout!

My cousin Anna picked us up and drove us to Long Beach to meet my other cousin Jon and his partner Kelly. We also met up with my third cousin, Andy, whose kids were so cute! We don’t get to see the West Coast crew all that often, so lunch together was a special treat.

I had coconut shrimp and a fresh California shrimp salad topped with avocado.

We then headed to the pier to board the Ruby Princess! To be continued… 🙂

The post Homecoming + Terranea appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2z0HnGm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049