Wedding: The Ceremony

All of our photos were taken by Sarah Cramer Shields of Cramer Photo. Follow her online and on Instagram

The ceremony is always my favorite part of a wedding. I love the charged air, the formality, and all the talk about love.

Just as the ceremony began, the sun was setting and golden rays were coming through the trees. We had the world’s most perfect crisp, sunny weather.

I walked in to Make You Feel My Love by Adele. I just love the piano introduction and the romantic lyrics of devotion. We waited 26 seconds (<– a coincidence) for Adele to begin singing to open the doors for a dramatic entrance before leaving the Carriage House.  

The first look!

I just love this photo so much – our faces, the sun, my shoe peek, my bouquet, Mazen’s proud smile.

Kiss for mommy!

Our ceremony was emotional, and I’ve been told that there were tears in the eyes of most of those present.

Our minster, Rev. Bhagavan Metro, did a beautiful job with our ceremony. While we wrote most of it ourselves, including passages on love and marriage and our vows, he did a minster’s address that he personalized with our own words. We filled out a questionnaire before so he could get to know us and he used our responses in his address. When I heard him share the reasons why we fell in love, what marriage meant to us, and why we chose each other, in our own words, I started to ugly cry. It was so surprisingly beautiful that I couldn’t keep it together!

The sweetest part of the ceremony for me was our vow exchange. We decided on a format so our vows would mirror each other, and we opened and closed with the same lines. The middle part was open ended and we each wrote about four lines. I think everyone in the garden, myself included, shed a tear when Thomas spoke about Mazen and struggled to hold back emotion. We both cracked jokes that got a good laugh out of the crowd too. I have videos of us reading our vows, and I’ve watched them 100 times already and tear up every time!

He had me laughing through tears! <3

We walked out to Israel Kamakawiwo’s Somewhere Over The Rainbow, a nod to my childhood favorite and a fun beat to walk out to!

Just married!

The post Wedding: The Ceremony appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2yqhZ9z

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub