Wedding: Getting Ready

We are on our honeymoon! Check Instagram and Facebook for sneak peeks of our trip throughout the week. Mazen is enjoying a long visit from KK while we’re gone, but we miss his sweet face so much.

Rather than pre-write a bunch of recipes or go silent for a week, I thought this would be a great time to share some more of our wedding photos and details. I want to write these posts as much for myself as for you!

A huge thanks goes to my friend and photographer, Sarah Cramer Shields of Cramer Photo, for turning all 1700 photos around so quickly! She is THE best in so many ways, and I hope you’ll agree her photos telling a beautiful story. Follow her online and on Instagram!

Today’s topic is getting ready!

Hair and make-up

My BFF Lauren did my make-up as well as my sister, mom, cousin, and Sarah. She always does a great job, and wedding make-up is one of her specialties!

Sarah and I together curled my hair and pinned it up. I was glad not to have to spend a long time getting an up-do, and loved how it turned out.

My hair pins were bought on Amazon – these and these! I knew I wanted to wear my hair down, but I also wanted it out of my face.

Jewelry

Keeping with the simplicity theme, I wore jewelry I already owned and loved. My earrings and cuff were the Grace line from Stella and Dot, which they sadly don’t sell anymore. I wore my grandmother’s ring as “something old.”

Wedding dress

And, my dress… 🙂 The designer was Lillian West and I bought it at Sealed with a Kiss in Downtown Cville. I was determined to make everything about the wedding as simple as possible and so I walked into the store ready to buy something inside. Turns out this was the first dress I tried on! I liked that it wasn’t too formal or fitted, and the fabric was so light and airy. It spoke to me as the perfect dress for a romantic, garden wedding. Here is a link to the dress – it’s style number 6385.

Shoes

We already talked about shoes, but I want to report that I LOVED my shoes – the Badgley Mischka Belevederes. They were so comfortable the whole day, were great for dancing, didn’t give me a single blister. I loved how the crystals looked peeking out from my dress.

Flowers

And finally, my bouquet. I loved it so much! My friend Rosie’s mom owns Verde Natural Florals, and she did an amazing job with the rustic, natural, romantic look we discussed. Here were the types of flowers she used:

Silver Dollar Eucalptus, White Dahlias, Blush Garden Roses, Blue Hydrangea, Football Mums, Ranunculus, Dried Lavender, Dusty Miller, and Peach Hyparicum. (Probably among many more – I don’t know my flower names!)

The gentlemen, including Mazen, had boutonnieres made of the same flowers tied in twine.

Bridesmaids

Laura and Sarah’s dresses came from Nordstrom. We decided they would get complimentary dresses in a similar muted color palate, but they ended up getting two different styles from the same designer (Lulu) in the same color, Denim Blue.

Laura had the Be Mellow Cutaway Shoulder and Sarah wore the Ruffle Neck Halter. They were both stunning! I loved how we all had such romantic hair too.

Bridegroom

Can I please have this made into a poster to hang over my bed?! He is the hottest man alive.

We found the ties completely by good luck after rejecting so many much more expensive, fancy ties at a few stores. They were the Row Stripe Tie from The Tie Bar. He ordered pocket squares and matching socks for the guys too.

The gentleman suits came from Joseph A. Banks, and the Thomas’s brother’s suit came out of the bag a lighter color than the rest – an ordering mistake on the store’s part. Nobody was happy about this, but we didn’t let it rain on our parade.

Once we were all ready, it was go time!

Tomorrow: the ceremony!

The post Wedding: Getting Ready appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2ykyJ4F

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049