Weekending Around

^^One week ago on Sunday!

This past weekend was busy and wonderful, and all around town. It was awesome!

Friday

Compared to the last one, we had a pretty low-key family and sports-filled weekend.

On Friday night we were happy to hang around at home and snuggle on the porch. Once Mazen was asleep (he actually did an early dinner with Matt), Thomas and I made this DELICIOUS Blue Apron meal of fried catfish with roasted squash and kale. The fish was epic! Plus – first pumpkin beer of the season! : )

Saturday

We are always scrambling to get to soccer on time on Saturday mornings. It starts at 9:00 a.m., but since everyone in our house sleeps till 7:00 and likes a lazy breakfast, I always look at the clock at 8:30 in a panic! Cue the quick whole wheat English muffin with butter and coffee before jetting out the door!

We were on time, though! It was a beautiful morning.

After soccer we headed home to finish up some house work and then packed up to head to Bodos for lunch to go and then Random Row to watch the UVA v Duke football game. I got a Cleo salad with smoked salmon on top and had two beers!

Late afternoon we relaxed on the deck while Mazen and the neighbors played a wagon game for over and hour. We love our neighbors!

Saturday night we biked downtown and had dinner at Commonwealth.

I forget how much I love the menu there! There are so many great options to choose from.

We ordered the ham biscuits and autumn empanadas to share, and Mazen had a burger. Those fries were soooo crispy and perfectly seasoned!

For dinner I was crushing hard on this butternut squash bisque. If I’m remembering right, it was vegan, and I think it must have been made with coconut milk because it was super creamy, thick, and the perfect sweetness. I would like to go back and have it again! T got jerk chicken which was Caribbean spiced and also really good.

Sunday

Pre-soccer oatmeal fuel! I mixed a bit of Good Culture Cottage Cheese in, including the pineapple topping (which is what you see on top), plus almond butter!

Our soccer game was all the way up at the Blue Ridge School, which is quite the haul. The drive is worth it once you’re there, but one time I got really lost on my way so I have bad memories of the drive. Our game was great, though, and we beat the Honeybadgers 4:1!

The post-game team celebration was held at the nearby Stone Mountain Vineyards. The view!! You could actually see the field we played on in the V of the mountains there. We were so high up.

Ros̩ Рlast taste of summer?

Britt and I shared this cheese and baguette plate. The bread was HOT, and that goat cheese was spiked with raspberry preserves. We had just burned 1,000 calories (according to my watch) and I devoured this! Hunger is the best sauce, fo’ sho.

Say CHEESE!

Hope you guys had a nice weekend. What did you do?

The post Weekending Around appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2yTsmBI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049