Havin’ A Fall Ball

We have been having the greyest, wintery weather, but our leaves took the cue and have finally turned. It’s beautiful when the sun is out! I’m already fighting the blues when the clouds are low.

Check out this gorgeous box of sox socks I bought for Mazen! His toes will be warm.

Friday

On Friday I drove down to Richmond for the day to attend RebelleCon, “Lifestyle design for entrepreneurial women.”

The program focused on wellness, money, community, and creativity. It was one of those days that left me inspired and motivated from the inside out! I loved the talks from Jessamyn Stanley, author of Every Body Yoga, and Tonya of My Fab Finance. If you’re anywhere close to Richmond, definitely keep this event on your radar for next year!

I drove back to Cville late in the afternoon, and Thomas and I quickly turned around to head to Vivace to meet friends before the UVA basketball game. I asked for a cup of soup for an early dinner, and was presented with the world’s largest ‘cup’ of lentil and sausage soup – aka a huge bowl!

We had a great time at the game! I love basketball because you don’t have to worry about rain or cold! 🙂

Saturday

Saturday morning we had big, warm bowls of oatmeal – PB&J style – before bundling up for soccer with Mazen.

It was 24 degrees, and we dressed for the weather!

After soccer, we headed straight to the gym to warm up!

Matt took Mazen swimming in the warm pool – a drastic change from the outdoors!

I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster, plus 20 minutes in the steamy sauna! After a quick shower at home, I met my soccer team at Three Notchd for lunch! We had a game scheduled for Saturday but it was cancelled at the last minute, so we decided to drink beer together instead :mrgreen:

The menu at Three Notchd is perfection. Local ingredients, salads, great snacks (the deviled eggs, and the pretzel bites are AMAZING), burgers, pub food, brunch food, and a variety of drinks, including beer and cocktails. Plus, they have a kids area. It’s my new favorite spot!

I had the Fresh 20 Field Salad with chicken on top and a Hydraulion Red!

I walked home and picked Mazen up along the way (who got a haircut and ate lunch with Matt.) He’s learning how to stand up on his bike!

We snuggled with Gussers all afternoon! 🙂

Those boys…

On Saturday night I had some leftover spaghetti for dinner (Thomas’s from Vivace) and then headed to Random Row for the ACAC Fall Ball.

The event was a big dance party! We normally do burpees and sweat to bumpin’ music, so it was fun to just dance, dance, dance.

Mack and I burned lots of calories on the dance floor. He’s got some moves! (And DJ Collins was on point!)

Sunday

On Sunday morning we had pancakes to prepare for soccer at 1:00pm.

And like every Sunday – we watched football!

The post Havin’ A Fall Ball appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2yX4PVj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub