holidaze

^^ Sunrise!

Friday

Grammie and Pea were here through Saturday, so we packed a bunch of fun into the day after Thanksgiving. {The beard is gone!}

Thomas and I snuck off to a 75-minute hot yoga class at Elements. I just love this studio! T has gotten into it too. We’re trying to go 1-2 times a week all winter.

I lied: I actually DID step into Pottery Barn on Black Friday (but I didn’t buy anything!) I just put some cozy fleece robes on my Christmas list!

Brunch was egg, pear, cranberry sauce, toast, and lemon hand pie!

On Friday afternoon we had beautiful weather and headed out to Crozet to King Family Vineyards.

This is Mazen’s cowboy face:

We shared a bottle of Viognier and then went to Smoked for the world’s earliest dinner! I guess since many people eat Thanksgiving dinner at 3:00 pm it was appropriate for us to have Black Friday dinner at 4:30 pm?! We just didn’t want to have to kill another hour or two.

Smoked Kitchen and Tap was awesome and totally lived up to the hype! I got a Blue Plate Special with 4 sides and cornbread. Dad had the best pumpkin milkshake ever, and mom and Thomas both had awesome pulled pork. I used to get Smoked all the time from the downtown mall food cart, and now all of my favorite flavors are available in full-on restaurant form!

Afterwards we went upstairs to the Crozet Creamery. (Birthday cake flavor ice cream for me!)

Because we had such an early dinner, we were home and ready for bed at 6:30 pm. Ha!

The rest of us stayed up a bit watching the UVA – Tech football game. (Thomas went with friends!)

Lap dog!

Saturday

I went to athletic conditioning on Saturday morning at 8:00 am. After toast and eggs, we said goodbye to G+P and had a low-key day.

I went on a special afternoon adventure that I’ll tell you about soon (hint: it involved lots of salt!) and the boys went to the driving range! It was Mazen’s first time, and he did really great!

I had a mish mosh of snacks for lunch – Babybel cheese, peanut butter and carrots, a glass of milk – and then a green juice after my adventure was over!

We played Legos and had leftovers for dinner. The meal that keeps on giving!

I told Mazen that I know Santa and he didn’t believe me. So, I told Mazen to write Santa a letter to ask. He did, and Santa responded – with a cookie trail and a mess in the fireplace! Mazen believes me now! : )

The end.

The post holidaze appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2Bgv6uo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049