Mug Shot

This was a popular mug shot on Instagram! Sadly I didn’t buy the mug (it was a gift), so I don’t know where it came from. I love it, though!

We had the coziest fall weekend, and made the most of colder temperatures and gray skies. I forgot to share a Halloween photo with you, so here is a belated mug shot of Batman himself!

On Friday evening we went out to a friend’s Harvest Party and watched the sun set with these beautiful mountain views.

I took a Tuscan salad (that I am sharing more about later this week!) and had yummy chili too.

On Saturday morning we were up bright and early for Mazen’s soccer practice. I’ve been into toast with classic peanut butter and jelly this week!

I was so proud of my little man who scored 7 goals in his game – go Eagles!

After soccer we went to Barnes and Noble to pick out a book as a treat for getting shots on Friday. I was very enthusiastic about all the books, but I knew it was all over when we saw the huuuuuge shelf of Legos.

Ultimately, I caved and he came home with a Ninjago set. (But we did look at some books and went to storytime!)

I had a delicious London Fog while I was there too. It’s my favorite Starbucks drink!

Saturday lunch was a salad with Whole Foods salad bar toppings, plus Kombucha!

Saturday afternoon we snuggled for 4 hours. It was one of those cozy fall cloudy days with drizzles where snuggling was just right. We watched BFG (Big Friendly Giant) and played theater with popcorn and Halloween M&Ms!

Dinner was chicken with roasted brussels, mushrooms, and butternut squash fries.

After dinner, I went to a concert at First Presbyterian starring the singer Teresa Wakim, who is also a KERF blog reader! Teresa is a soprano who lives in Boston and joined the Charlottesville Baroque Ensemble, Three Notch’d Road, for a beautiful performance! Check out her website to see if she is performing near you. Her voice is stunning, and it was so fun to hang out afterward. She has been reading KERF for 10 years!

The boys stayed home to build the new Lego set!

On Sunday morning we had french toast, bacon, grapes, and lots of coffee in preparation for a full day of soccer.

I had a banana and some Back To Nature cheese crackers for mid-game fuel, and a Quaker Breakfast Flats after! Soccer days are tricky because our games are often during or just after lunch, so I tend to snack a lot all day and have a big breakfast and dinner.

My co-ed game was cancelled due to a soggy grass field, so I played 2.5 games of women’s league. My team had a double header and I stuck around to help out the pink team too.

All in all, I covered 11 miles in almost four hours of soccer! I find this to be so funny because I would NEVER go for an 11 mile run. I wouldn’t even go for a six mile run, but I cover so much ground during a game!

How did you spend your weekend?!

The post Mug Shot appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2y6LQTu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049