My Quest for Information Became Personal

It’s Friday, everyone! And that means another Primal Blueprint Real Life Story from a Mark’s Daily Apple reader. If you have your own success story and would like to share it with me and the Mark’s Daily Apple community please contact me here. I’ll continue to publish these each Friday as long as they keep coming in. Thank you for reading!

 My name is Bradley Nickell, I’m 47-years-old from Bremen, Indiana and this is my story. Two years ago my New Year’s resolution was to quit using tobacco and lose a couple pounds, I was 198.5lbs at the time. I did some reading and watching shows and decided that a vegetarian diet was the way to do it. I started running on the treadmill and cut meats completely out of my diet.

A couple days later while running I had sharp chest pains and went to the ER. The chest pains turned out to be nothing, but my cholesterol was around 200 and I had high blood pressure.

After that I again thought vegetarian eating would be the answer to the cholesterol issue and even started leaning more towards vegan. A year later I was 165 my blood levels improved but I was tired all the time and irritable. So I continued reading about nutrition and started to get a better idea of what your body really needs to be healthy and what supplements you had to take as a vegan.

My thoughts were if I have to supplement then that’s not the way to eat, what would people thousands of years ago do? They didn’t have a CVS to buy B12 or iron from. I found some information on the paleo “diet” and it made a little more sense to me.

In June my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, in July my stepdad
passed away from complications from diabetes and my wife suddenly was
allergic to all kinds of food. My quest for information became personal.

I quit using alcohol and I started living the primal lifestyle in September and am enrolled in the Primal Health Coach Program. My triglycerides are 30, blood pressure usually 110/65 and I’m 150lbs. I feel great and want to help other people learn to be happy and healthy like me!

Brad_Before_After

phc_640x80

The post My Quest for Information Became Personal appeared first on Mark's Daily Apple.



from Mark's Daily Apple http://ift.tt/2i29meG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049