Parade Of Samples

It’s no secret that I love beauty samples. In fact, I have had a sample obsession my whole life.

Want a sample of fudge? SURE!

Want a full size shampoo? No, thanks.

Want a tiny bit of moisturizer in a tiny tube? YES, please!

Maybe it’s the cute factor or the idea that using it up won’t take as long. I just love samples. I remember going around the food court at the mall when I was little just to get to try the tiny sweet and sour chicken on a toothpick!

Anyways, between my love for Birchbox and the freebies I’ve been given over time, my sample collection was out of control. As much as I try to be minimalist, I’m also a bit of a hoarder because I always want to be prepared. So instead of using a new sample, I would tuck it away for my next travel trip. But the thing is – those don’t come all that often, so the samples accumulated! (P.S. Speaking of fun things coming in the mail, did you know you can get a free Stitch Fix this month? I just got one and bought a pair of pants and a cozy top!)

Enter: Project Use Up the Samples!

I am not allowed to buy anything new until they are gone in each category!

This was my “just for travel” bin – overflowing with tiny bottles!

I spent a few hours last weekend organizing everything. I collected anything I didn’t think I would eventually want to use in a bag to give to a few friends.

I sorted the samples by category so I could easily get a new one to use when I was out. Those Birchbox boxes were the perfect sorting tool!

I donated a few of my extra cosmetic bags and just have 3 now (2 big and 1 small.) My vanity is looking much neater!

While I was sorting, I considered which beauty products were my tried-and-true favorites. This bunch were at the top of the list:

1 // Coastal Scents Revealed Eyeshadow Palate – the only palate you need! It has all the colors. Best of all, it takes me forever to use them all up so I get my money’s worth.

2 // amika Dry Shampoo – my all-time favorite for the smell! Anything amika smells incredible. Also: it works well! (I am not into the new dry shampoos that you have to apply with your fingers.) Also: how did I ever live without this?

3 // Paula’s Choice Resist Daily Smoothing AHA and Toner. I have been using these for YEARS and they are my favorites. I love the smell and feel of the daily AHA and the toner hydrates my skin after a shower like no moisturizer can. I am hooked on toner for life.

4 // Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel. I discovered this during a facial and it smells HEAVENLY. (Can you sense the scent trend here?!) I received it as a gift (it is not cheap) and absolutely love using it.

5 // Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer. This is, by a landslide, the best concealer I’ve ever used. It’s thick (almost tacky) so a little is all you need and it doesn’t take forever to rub in. The thickness also means it really covers up color. I get it in medium. It’s another product I use every single day and couldn’t imagine living without! I found it at Ulta!

6 // Supergoop CC Cream. I’ve written about this many times, but it’s hands-down the best foundation I’ve used. I took a break from it to use up some of my samples, and when I went back to it I remembered why I love it. It just blends so, so well. Find it at Sephora. I wear Light to Medium.

7 // Mary Kay Fancy Nancy Lip Gloss. My BFF Lauren sells Mary Kay and got me hooked on this. It’s a great color for everyone, and I love the feel – not too tacky or shiny. I have 4-5 of these in various purses, in my car, etc.

If you had to pick just one beauty favorite to use forever, what would it be? (Not that I need to buy anything new…!)

The post Parade Of Samples appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2iqz4wv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049