Parmesan Cauliflower Hash Browns Recipe

When I first started eating well, it felt like the only advice I got was what to remove. While taking the crap out of my diet was good advice in many ways, sometimes I found it difficult and a little depressing to give up the foods I loved.

Top of the list: hash browns. Golden, crispy, greasy hash browns. And you guys know how much I love hash browns! So, how does one maintain a healthy, well balanced lifestyle while simultaneously stuffing their face with hash browns? Answer: they don’t. Or at least not by enjoying them in their original greasy state.

But a life without hash browns just doesn’t seem worth it, so instead of cutting them out completely and feeling deprived, I got crafty and adapted. I whipped up this alternative take on my old favorite that fit my new lifestyle. Meet my new breakfast favorite: Parmesan Cauliflower Hash Browns — an indulgent AND healthy addition to your breakfast.

Parmesan Cauliflower Hash Browns Recipe

Parmesan Cauliflower Hash Browns

Makes 4 hash browns

  • 2 cups riced cauliflower
  • 1 large egg
  • ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp pepper

1. Combine cauliflower, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Then fold in egg until combined.
2. Place a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. (I usually add a little butter or ghee too!)
3. Scoop a golf ball size portion of the cauliflower mixture and place in the frying pan. Then squash the ball out into a traditional hash brown shape.
4. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm alongside your favorite breakfast. (I enjoy them best dipped in hot sauce!)

Macros (per hash brown): P 3 C 3 F 2

 

The post Parmesan Cauliflower Hash Browns Recipe appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2hDFJmH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049