2017 Yearly Recap

2017 was such a significant year! It was bursting with travel, love, and new adventures. I wanted to put together a post that shares the highlights of the year, both for any of you who missed some time and for me to look back on in the years to come. It’s nice to have all of the significant posts all in one place! 🙂

January started with my 2017 word of the year: intentional. All in all, I think this year reflected that word well.

A few weeks later, I published Things I’m Afraid To Tell You. This was one of my most memorable and popular posts last year. It was also my most vulnerable, and I will be writing more about vulnerability soon!

In February you all met Thomas! We took our incredible trip to St. Lucia, which was so special in a million ways. I was so glad to be able to write with more authenticity now that our relationship was public. I also had the Moana soundtrack in my head for the entire month of February (and March too!)

In March we went to Maryland to visit with family. The cousins met for the first time!

There was also a lot of talk about love during the first quarter of 2017. Clearly it was a topic on my mind!

In April we went to Bald Head where wrote our names in the sand, picnicked on the beach, and celebrated mom’s birthday.

I took another trip to the lake (I just typed kale…!) with my girlfriends.

May was absolutely insane. I went from Chicago for a media training then stepped back 400 years to Jamestown

…and then jumped forward to L.A. to appear on Access Hollywood.

And then later that weekend, we got engaged!

I wrote a series of wedding planning posts, and love was in the air all summer and fall.

In June we started summer camp, played lots of evening soccer, and worked in the garden.

In July, we went to Bald Head again for our summer trip.

And did other summery things in between camps and cookouts!

In August Sarah hosted my bachelorette party (which definitely ranked highest for number of glasses of wine consumed in one night for 2017!)

At the end of the month, Mazen started his last year of preschool!

In September KERF turned 10 years old!

We went to the Outer Banks with T’s family.

And I wrote about making peace with a former troll (who is now a friend!)

We also celebrated love at a Concert for Charlottesville after the horrible events that occurred in August.

On October 1 we got married! We followed the wedding with a few days of sugarmooning and then left for our honeymoon two weeks later.

 

All the wedding posts:

Happily Ever After

Sugarmoon

Wedding: Getting Ready

Wedding: The Ceremony

Wedding: Just Married

Wedding: The Reception

Wedding: Eat Cake & Dance

Honeymoon Part I

Honeymoon Part II

Honeymoon Part III

At some time during that month I turned 35!

Batman ruled the neighborhood on Halloween.

In November I jetted off to Iowa for a tour of the Quaker Oats mill!

I attended Rebellecon, we went to Bald Head for the final time this year but the first time in the new house, and we had a lovely Thanksgiving!

We ended the year with a very merry Christmas in Hillsborough!

2017 was a smashing year for KERF, and I have each and every one of you to thank. Thank you for being my friends, my confidants, and my cheerleaders. I want to meet more of you and connect on a more personal level in 2018!

XOXOXO.

The post 2017 Yearly Recap appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2CaczEY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub