Baby It’s Cold….Er…Absolutely Freezing Outside!

The theme of this week is definitely warmth! We are having our coldest day so far, and it is so cold that my sensitive teeth hurt when I smile! Mazen and I had hot chocolate by the fire. Marshmallows and all! I make it in my Nespresso milk frother, which turns out perfectly warm and mixed hot chocolate in about 30 seconds. (You can use the non-froth spinner to mix without froth.)

Almond butter, banana, and honey toast FTW!

I live in the sauna this time of year. I call it my warm-up before my warm-up! It just feels so darn good to walk into 90 degrees when you are chilled to the bone. Try it!

Sarah and I went to Rocksalt for my birthday lunch today! Yes, my birthday is in October, but we have a tradition of giving each other lunches for our birthdays and then scheduling them two months later. So HBday to me! We each had fresh fish and a simple salad on the side. Love me some cornmeal catfish!

Something else hot – the inside of our Big Green Egg! Thomas tried out a pizza last night (at 600 degrees) and it was perfect! The crust was very crispy (no floppy pizza here), and the flavor was great.

On Sunday he made ribs and wings for some of our friends while we watched football. We had those with grits and collards on Monday night. I made my favorite form of collard greens – with blue cheese, bacon, and dates. Speaking of football, I finished at second place of twelve in my fantasy league this year! Now it’s time for the playoffs!

Guess who finally got a visit with Santa?! After sharing some of his wish list, I was able to get Santa to confirm that we ARE FRIENDS. Mazen still doesn’t believe me. Ha.

The post Baby It’s Cold….Er…Absolutely Freezing Outside! appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2j1sObu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub