High Low High – Christmas Edition

Good morning! I can’t believe Christmas is over just like that. I hope you had a very merry one! Our holiday overall was really great, but there were a few bumps in the road along the way. Of course, I could share how “perfect” it was for us, but, as you guys know, I like to keep it real over here on CNC, so here’s a little recap of both the highs and lows from our Christmas!

HIGH: A fun partner workout at Salt Shack. It was the “12 Days of Christmas,” which is one of my favorites. I teamed up with Marisa and enjoyed the first 3/4 of the workout.

LOW: Messing up my hip/back during the workout. It wasn’t one single thing – it was just an injury waiting to happen. After the workout, it hurt pretty bad, but I could function for the most part. The pain got worse and worse over the course of the afternoon, so, by the time Mal got home, I was in agony and no amount of OTC painkillers helped (at all). So, we dropped Quinn at a friend’s house and headed to the ER for some heavy-duty pain killers and muscle relaxers. Since then, I’ve managed to stand up straight and walk for short periods of time, so I’m making progress. I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow afternoon, so, hopefully, I’ll get some answers then.

HIGH: Christmas Eve at my Grammie’s house! 

LOW: Quinn throwing up in the car on the way home. Whomp whomp. He didn’t eat dinner at my Grammie’s house (just some popcorn and a few bites of a Christmas cookie), so maybe he was just car sick? He was acting fine otherwise.

HIGH: On Christmas morning, Santa came!!! 

LOW: Quinn only had one present (+ a few stocking stuffers) to open because the scooter that we attempted to assemble on Christmas Eve was faulty. It was Radio Flyer brand too, so I’m surprised it was such crappy quality. It was such a buzzkill.

Thankfully, he’s 3.5 and didn’t seem to notice! πŸ™‚

HIGH: Quinn got a “Green Grimlock” from Santa!!! 

He was SO EXCITED. It was the only thing he asked Santa for this year.

LOW: Snow preventing my family from coming to our house for Christmas brunch. 

HIGH: Mal’s family making to our house for Christmas brunch! 

HIGH: Opening presents with family. 

The Batcave from Papi was a huge hit with Qman!

As well as The Big Book of Bugs and bug catcher from his cousins.

And the grizzly bear slippers from Papi!

Question of the Day

How was your Christmas? Any highs and lows to share?

The post High Low High – Christmas Edition appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2C6KD1k

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049