Lately

^^We get such beautiful sunrises here. This is the view from our back yard!

I’ve been waking up earlier lately. I think Thomas has set his alarm up by 30 minutes or so, and getting up at 6:15 is so much easier than 5:45, so I’ve been waking up when he does. I used to sleep through his 5:45 alarm! Guess who else is getting up earlier? Mazen! I swear we have an E.T. and Elliot relationship where his heart can sense mine. I will be lying in bed awake but haven’t made a single noise and he will wake up within 5 minutes of me. If I sleep in to 7:30, he sleeps in. It’s kind of crazy!

Sunrise smoothie with berries, banana, milk, and Vega Chocolate:

Remember when our back yard looked like this? (And before that, it was all dried and dead…)

We now have the greenest yard in our neighborhood!

The fall planting did very well! The erosion nets are still disappearing and there are a few patches that didn’t work on the right that will need extra love in the spring. But, the hill looks 1,000 times better than it did this summer!

The front grass is so green too. Thomas actually vacuums it weekly with the mower to get all the leaves up. LOL!

On the inside of our house, my sister gave us a planter as a wedding gift and it looks so much prettier than the clay pot that the plant is actually housed in.

What else is green? Chopt came to Cville!

Lauren and I went for lunch and had a great time. I got the Spicy Santorini salad, which was good. I would put Chopt slightly behind Mezeh and Roots in terms of flavor and portions, but its location is great. (The tzatziki was delish!)

Karen made a super cute R2D2 beanie for Mazen!! I think she needs an Etsy store, right!?

If any of you are part of the Winc wine club like me, this bottle was SO GOOD. One of my favorites of what they’ve sent! Great sippin’ wine for cocktail hour. I generally love California blends, so this was right on point.

T and I went on a date to Lampo last week. Every time we go we get the same things: rosemary orange olives (the BEST olives I’ve ever had), kale salad (the world’s smallest kale salad, but most delicious), the Hellboy pizza (which is spicy pepperoni with sweet hot honey drizzle), and the Prosciutto pizza, which has arugula and lemon. You gotta go if you come to Cville!

Finally, Gus and I are rooting for Mike on Survivor. I don’t know why I like him so much! I would also like to see Lauren win. All of my Survivor Fantasy team has been voted out. Womp womp. After a few seasons of winner picks, this season has me turned upside down! It’s on tonight at 8 – tune in for the best part of the season!

The post Lately appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2AVu4Y3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049