Well Holiday Seasoned

School’s out!! I love to spend time with Mazen, and we have a fun few things planned for winter break (including a visit to Grammie + Pea’s!), but I will probably be going a little nuts come New Year’s 🙂 Where do they get their energy?!

Mazen’s school put on a Christmas program, and it was SO STINKIN’ CUTE!! I can’t share a single photo because they all include many other children, but for the first time ever Mazen was singing and doing the motions as enthusiastically as the best of them. In his past preschool performances he was shy and barely mouthed the words, but this year he was belting them out with a smile on his face. Wish I could share the video!

Thomas and I went to an evening hot yoga class at Elements and it totally rocked! It was a 75-minute vinyasa flow in a perfectly heated room. T said it was the hardest class he’d ever taken! It was definitely challenging, and we were both drenched by the end. My shoulders feel like I lifted weights today.

We had plans for a baked chicken dinner but as you can see from the stove clock, it was nearly 8pm when we were home and showered, so we postponed that dinner and I made a stove-top Brussels sprouts extravaganza. (T made a Big Green Egg smoked salmon salad.)

(Sidebar: I really don’t like capitalizing Greek yogurt and Brussels sprouts. Just sayin’. I know they are countries, but capital letters in the middle of sentences that are not proper nouns make me feel off.)

I cooked the shaved sprouts (from Whole Foods) in a skillet with bacon grease and mushrooms and added two eggs to the middle when they were cooked. The whole dish was topped with grated cheese at the end! Dinner in a flash.

Yesterday I had lunch at the new Citizen Bowl Shop, the sister spot to Citizen Burger Bar (one of my Cville favs!)

For you Cville folks, it’s in the old Yearbook Taco space, and I think it’s a permanent restaurant. They are only open for lunch, and the guy told me that in the fall they had a line out the door everyday!

Peruse the menu and tell me this does not look amazing!

I had the Umami bowl which was brown rice, power greens, local mushrooms, toasted sesame seeds, jalapenos, cilantro, edamame, and the most perfectly cooked Arctic Char. The dressing was a cilantro lime with a touch of soy (I think?) and it was so good. I ate every bite!

I can’t wait to go back and try the Fall Harvest and Citizen Bowls. And you can BYO too! If you’re visiting Cville, put this spot at the top of your quick lunch list.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

The post Well Holiday Seasoned appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2yAms8e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049