Gettin’ All Cozy

We had a super cold weekend here in Cville, like many of you in the Northeast. I hope everyone was safe! I can’t imagine living in a place that was this cold for more than a few days of the year. Kudos to those of you who can tough it out in negative temperatures and wind chills! I don’t know how you do it.

On Friday morning I had a Quaker Overnight Oats cup with lots of peanut butter. I heated the oats a bit so they wouldn’t decrease my core temp!

Do you remember the Summer House in the Narnia movie The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe where it’s always summer in the middle of the frozen forest? I used to LOVE that house in the movie. My hot yoga studio (Elements) feels a bit like that house now. You can walk into class in a tank and shorts where it’s 90 degrees and pretend it’s a warm summery day. You will find me there all winter!

Friday lunch was a date with Thomas to Timbercreek Market. We shared a lamb burger and arugula salad. Both were absolutely amazing!

For Friday dinner we had slow cooker Brunswick stew based on this recipe. It was excellent! (We picked up the biscuits from Timbercreek earlier in the day.)

For Saturday morning breakfast Mazen wanted a smoothie, so I pulled out everything frozen and we sipped them by the fire! : )

On the side: an egg and toast.

Mazen went with Matt for the daytime while Thomas and I went to the UVA bbball game. DOWN WITH THE TAR HEELS!!!

T hung some wedding photos, and we had friends over for happy hour.

This wine from Winc was a big hit! (I have had maybe only one bottle from them that I haven’t loved.)

Later that night we had steaks on the Big Green Egg with roasted taters and green beans.

On Sunday morning Mazen woke up super early. I think he just wanted to snuggle! I can’t imagine life without this new fireplace now.

For breakfast Thomas made these muffins, and I adapted a baked egg recipe from the one we had at the Cedar Spring Inn. I will be sharing it in a week or two – it was FAB!!

That was such a big breakfast that it served as brunch!

All afternoon I worked on a post that required 4 hours of cooking. I will be telling you all about it soon!

The post Gettin’ All Cozy appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2qIA6aM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049