I’ve Got Peace Like A River

^^ Friday afternoon river romp with classmates! He was content sitting on a rock and just taking in nature for a while. <3

On Friday night we chilled out at home. I opened this bottle of Zin from Winc.

We had sausages from JM Stock over spaghetti. (You’ll be seeing spaghetti a lot more because it’s Mazen’s new found second favorite food! Pizza will always come first.) There were mushrooms in the sauce, and we had little kale salads on the side.

We had a super cozy night watching the finale of Stranger Things 2 in bed with hot tea!

Snuggle, snuggle.

This is how mornings usually begin: Coffee and an animal parade! I am totally into bootie slippers this winter and got these at Target. They are currently on clearance!

On Saturday morning Thomas made me a mini omelet with bacon and pear slices. (Lest you think that is the world’s largest slice of bacon, please note this is a tiny plate! Haha!)

We all went to the gym for a good workout before getting the day going. Mazen went home with Matt to spend the afternoon with him, and T and I went home to make turkey wraps for lunch.

I used our bacon press to squash them into the pan.

They were just still a wee bit too full to fully close, but we held them together like tacos and all was well.

It was a big day in our house because of the big Duke vs UVA basketball game! I grew up being a Duke fan and could never root against them, but I’ve been cheering for the Hoos since moving to Cville, so it was a tough game to watch! We went to a bar to watch the game with a handful of Thomas’s friends (one of them owns the bar) and we were surrounded by a million college students. It was a fun atmosphere! We couldn’t have asked for a more exciting game.

Back at home I found this kitty in our yard meowing at my feet. I had so much fun playing with her while I waited to see if anyone responded to my neighborhood alert. She had a collar but no tags. Have you ever seen such a fluffy cat?! I gave her water and some fancy smoked trout. She would not come inside and has not been here seen since, so I really hope she got home ok. I am still worried about her, but it’s clear she has a home somewhere around here.

Later that evening I put on my boots and went out with the country girls to Commonwealth for dinner and then to the Cole Swindell concert!

I had the biscuit trio (pimento cheese!) and a delicious bibb lettuce salad at Commonwealth.

I saw Cole Swindell in 2015 and the show was awesome, and this year’s was even better! He has so many great songs, and he played a handful of 90s country covers. Morgan Evans was the opener, and he was HOT as well! It was such a wonderful show.

Sunday was rainy, and we lounged around all day. We had Bodos for brunch, and Thomas made homemade popcorn while we watched Willy Wonka with Mazen! I love that movie.

For dinner we had more pasta – this time Giovanni Rana Cheese Lovers Tortelloni with zucchini and sauce. Yum!

Hope you guys had peaceful weekends! <3

The post I’ve Got Peace Like A River appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2npO4Js

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049