Lately

Morning! I recently went over to Great Harvest for some bread, walked by the shelf of Naturally Nuttys and realized I hadn’t had one in ages! I bought a jar of the Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Butter and omg – so good!!! I love their new labels too.

I’m checking in with some real meals we had lately. Blueberry Swirl bread for Mazen and me (plus apples with peanut butter for him and a fried egg for her.) Apples and pears are just about the only fruit Mazen will eat these days! He takes after his grandma KK who thinks all fruit is too tart and has to force herself to eat it! :mrgreen:

I’ve been eating leftovers for lunch this week, getting creative with the meats we grilled over the weekend. This was a  box of tomato soup with chicken and leftover Brussels sprouts, and crackers on the side!

Spotted on the school bulletin board: silly Mazen the Snowman

KK sent Mazen this Mine For Fossils set for Christmas, and it made for a lovely TWO HOUR afternoon activity.

While it was quite messy, and we had to turn the brick to mud by dumping lots of water on top, he eventually uncovered all 10 fossils and then played with them for a while afterwards. I just bought him some of these eggs that might make a great shorter activity, and this dino poop kit is sure to get some laughs.

I have never really been wild about getting on the floor to play Batman or Legos or trains or trucks, but mommy LOVES playing games! I’ll happily sit on the floor and play Candyland or Shopping List or Connect Four for hours. I just bought Guess Who to break out on a slow afternoon – one of my favorite games from my childhood.

Games are also extra fun if I have a little vino to sip! ; )

Dinner this week was brought to you by Miss Peanut Butter Fingers! I made Julie’s Sheet Pan Salmon and it was a hit. I used butter instead of ghee, but otherwise followed the recipe fairly closely.

Had the leftovers for lunch the next day!

We also had Mona Lisa Pasta lasagna night! Served with a side of Brussels and peppers that were sautéed in bacon grease.

What was your favorite game growing up? I also loved Clue and Dream Phone (“He likes most sports….but not surfing!”) Clearly I loved ‘figuring it out’ style games the most!

And lastly – check out me talking about the benefits of peanut butter v. almond butter on Monica’s podcast this week!

The post Lately appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2DxRhNZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049