My Mullet

^^He loves to snuggle.

Although the other day he pawed me right in the face! I think he was trying to do a paw-to-handshake and got me on the cheek instead. I am lucky his little nails didn’t scratch me too badly!

Both boys likes to be lap dogs *crying laughing emoji* This means that 99% of the time I have dog hair all over my yoga pants.

Let’s talk about human hair! About a month ago I got a really bad haircut from a stylist in training. Think 90s-style chunky layers that were not well blended at all. It was basically a mullet on my right side. I could have gone back and had it all chopped off, but I just didn’t want to go that short, and when my hair was curled, in a ponytail or bun, or clipped back you couldn’t see it, so I’ve just been letting it grow out.

I went to a new salon this week – Moxie Hair Lounge – at the recommendation of some of my friends, and I am on my way to having normal hair again. Between trimming off an inch and blending the layers, she was able to close the mullet gap a bit. A few more months and I’ll be even again. No more layers!!

Also on the topic of beauty, this lip balm came from Birchbox and I am in love with it! The balm is purple in the tube, but when it goes on it magically turns into a pink shade suited for your lips. I love the feel of lip balm much more than lip stick or gloss, so this is a great all-in-one product for me!

^^ you also might notice that I have a cell phone case addition. I get a new one way more often than any normal person should. My sister had one from The Casery on her phone at Christmas, and I loved the feel so much I had to get one too. It might be my favorite case to date! I’ve been wanting a case with a card slot that I can use for nights on the town, and I am debating between this one and this one. Do you have one you love?

We have finally come out of our arctic blast week here, and it’s been in the balmy 40s, 50s and even 60s. Sometimes I look outside in the winter and can hardly believe it’s the same world that has me sweating while sipping a cold drink on my porch.

But to make up for those lost warm days, Thomas has been filling our house with plants!

The above is watching over my morning green smoothie, and the below, the Nesta, we got for Christmas from T’s mom. I feel like saying you don’t love plants is like saying you don’t love puppies, but I am still warming up to houseplants. They sometimes make my clutter alarm go off! But I’m finding that the right pots and planters is totally key for me. I love these new guys and how they add a touch of the tropics to our living room! If T insists on adding more, I love the super modern planters like this one and this one.

For lunches this week I’ve been loving smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches with capers, pickle, and greens.

And for dinners, we’ve been eating this on repeat, which I will be telling you all about very soon!

Have a great weekend!

The post My Mullet appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2D5lmIJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049