NYE in DC – Part II

When I left off Part I of our trip, we were heading over to John’s house for appetizers. Boy, was his spread impressive! He made all of these himself for us to enjoy while we watched football. He drew inspiration from his catering company, Eco Caters, that is quickly becoming one of DC’s most popular organic caterers. So, if you’re local and focus on local/organic food, give them a call!

Those shrimp stacks were epic, and I loved the crab-stuffed mushrooms and deviled eggs!

Later in the evening we had NYE reservations at The Salt Line, a new oyster and seafood restaurant on the river. Too bad it was in the teens – no outdoor dining for us! I loved all the decor and these napkins!

We had a pre-fixe menu with four courses. I started with a celebratory Manhattan!

All.the.oysters.

My first course was a butterhead lettuce salad. I was craving a good salad and I loved the almonds.

Next was a lobster pot pie with a biscuit topping. Loved the biscuit, but the filling wasn’t anything super special.

Everyone at the table got fish, so I branched out and ordered a ribeye with mashed potatoes and cabbage. It hit the spot!

And I almost forgot dessert! I had apple pomegranate crisp with vanilla ice cream.

After dinner we caravanned over to The Wharf (which I hear is new and cool and super fun when the weather is warm!) Our destination was The Anthem for a show. Honestly, I didn’t even know who we were seeing until we got there (d’oh) but the band was Thievery Corporation. They weren’t really my style of music, but we still had a fun time!

They dropped a bunch of balloons on the floor when the clock struck 12!

We got home a little after 1:00 am and crashed until 8:30 or 9:00 a.m. the next morning. The hotel was offering a 2:00 p.m. late checkout if you had brunch at Radiator, the restaurant on the ground floor, so we took them up on the offer. T had Eggs Benedict (again!) and I had an omelet with potatoes, toast, and fruit.

After the holidays and two travel weekends, I am so very ready for some home cookin’ and normal routine life.

You know what I was thinking? The reason the whole world gets healthier this time of year is only partly because they are full from the holidays. It’s because everyone else is doing it! January is the month of the year that it’s easiest to be healthy because there are few parties and everyone wants to meet at the gym for socializing instead of bars. Let’s keep this theme going year round!

The post NYE in DC – Part II appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2EC2Rsi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049