Rollin’ Through The Weekend

We had a fun weekend full of exciting free indoor activities! Our rec center turns into a totally free roller rink on Fridays and Sundays, and we had our first visit. Mazen was expectedly very wobbly, and I didn’t get to skate this time so I could hold him steady, but by the end of our hour-long lesson, he was slowly rolling on his own.

During that hour though, he fell 100 times, and my upper back felt like it had been ripped apart on Saturday morning from all the lifting and catching I did!

Afterwards we went with Gaby and her kids to Three Notchd!

I couldn’t wait for a beer and pretzels bites!

For dinner, I had blackened fish with KALE CHIPS and root puree!

On Saturday morning I had a yogurt + granola bowl with banana and Naturally Nutty Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Butter. YUM!

T went to the grocery store and brought home some gorgeous flowers that are making our whole house smell like a tropical garden!

I spent some time cleaning out our pantry, which was a mess. We had baking powder from 2011!! See all those neatly stacked tea bags on the right?!

For lunch I made a great salad – mixed greens, homemade dressing, red peppers, candied walnuts, corn and bean dip, and goat cheese. Best salad i’ve made in a while!

Saturday afternoon we hung around the house and prepped for a little football gathering. The neighbors had us over for a S’more!

Thomas made his city-famous corn and bean dip, and we cranked up the Big Green Egg for a wings, beer can chicken and pork. Our friends brought their famous mac and cheese!

Thomas wants me to say “Go Eagles!!!”

Sunday morning was all snuggles. I usually have a zoo of animals wake me up every morning, so this was typical:

We had little tiny pancakes and oranges so as not to spoil our appetites for brunch. Mazen helped me scoop them on the skillet!

We met T’s mom for brunch at Red Pump and had the most DELICIOUS Eggs Benedict!

That biscuit underneath was just so doughy and buttery!

Sunday afternoon Thomas built new shelves in the office (more on that soon!), the boys sprayed each other with silly string (which is so fun yet smells so toxic!!) and I cleaned my wedding dress.

The bottom was dirty – mostly with literal dirt from the gardens and grounds – and I debated sending it off to get professionally cleaned. But before I dropped $200 on a dress I will never wear again (other than to play dress up) I decided to just try to clean it myself. I used a gentle dish soap and hot water and most of the dirt came out!

M and I went to the ACAC Big Room for the afternoon = more free indoor entertainment as party of our membership.

And then we had quesadillas for dinner with leftovers from the football dinner – smoked chicken, bean and corn dip, red peppers, and cheese.

Hope you had a great weekend! (And for some of you, it’s not over yet!)

The post Rollin’ Through The Weekend appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2r86L9V

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub