Life In The Shallow End

Breakfast

I almost always eat my oatmeal in a bowl that is now shallow. (I describe it like that because my bowls are not necessarily deep either. I think they’d technically be called cereal bowls.) But, yesterday Mazen insisted on serving breakfast and picked out our shallow Pottery Barn soup bowls. These are ideal for pastas and salads, but I don’t ever use them for oatmeal. It sure made for a pretty bowl, though. And not to get all wacko on you, but coming from someone who has been eating oatmeal religiously for a decade, the “eating experience” was quite different!!!

The oatmeal was whipped banana cottage cheese plus chia seeds, peanut butter, granola sprinkle and honey drizzle!

I’m not much of a snacker, so no morning snacks to report!

Lunch

I had lunch at noon, and whipped up some canned salmon salad with curry powder! An old favorite! I used to eat this all the time with Kashi crackers back in the early days of the blog. My favorite was with red curry powder, which I haven’t been able to find in stores recently. This is one can of Whole Foods brand Alaskan pink salmon, 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp relish, 2 teaspoons curry power, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Carrot chips make my chip addiction half healthy! 😉 The mango was for dessert.

Dinner Prep

I made dinner right after lunch! My favorite meatball recipe. (This post has even more versions).

I went with the original version – sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and parmesan.

I used grass-fed beef.

Into the fridge they went until dinnertime. It’s a simple 30 minutes at 425 degrees to cook them off.

Snack

Apples and trail mix with Mazey!

Dinner

We had the meatballs over fresh pasta with marinara sauce. I had an early dinner because I had an indoor soccer game at 8pm (aka bedtime), which was clearly my workout of the day!

Dessert with a curious pooch!

The post Life In The Shallow End appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2CkMvSU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049