Over To The Dark Side

Y’all know I love a good bedding update! I’ve been on the bright white and neutral bedding band wagon for years. Last year when I discovered my favorite sheets (Target’s Threshold Performance Sheets) I ventured away from all white and got a few cute patterns. Lately I am digging darker, thicker, textured, moodier bedding when I see inspiration photos. Our bedroom is totally bland neutral in the wall, carpet, and bed colors, so the white/lighter bedding felt a bit blah to me in this space. I decided to take a risk with something dark.

I donated one of my duvet covers (I had two, a white one and a linen stripe one) to the Marsh House, and I earned some reward credits from my Pottery Barn card from helping my parents buy new beds. I put those reward credits and a 20% off code to good use and got myself a new D A R K and textured duvet cover!

Navy is one of our house accent colors. It’s classic and a bit nautical and hides stains well. (I’m looking at you, Gus!) So, I had been keeping my eye out for a navy blue duvet cover for a while. I checked Target, West Elm, and Crate and Barrel, along with Pottery Barn, but they didn’t have anything I loved at the time. Then I stumbled upon this Honeycomb textured cover and shams on sale a few weeks ago when Pottery Barn sent out a bedding email. (They know how to get ya!)

MY OTHER RECIPES

(I kind of like how the weight of the fabric + the buttons gives a scalloped edge look! ^)

The duvet matches the Target sheets so well. You can see the true color and texture here without the light shining so brightly. It is very heavy and cozy! (Speaking of sheets, Thomas HATED the flannel ones I bought from Target this winter. Not sure what to do with them since I can no longer return them. At least they were only $25! I might sneak them on a few times a year on the coldest nights.)

To brighten up the bed just a little, I added this Ashley Bird sham I found on clearance. I am also really into tropical florals right now! If I could have all the duvets in the world, I would buy this one and this one too. Our bedroom definitely needed some bright colors. I have been tempted to add an area rug over the blah carpet, but every time I have attempted it with a smaller rug, it just looks bad. Any suggestions?

Another dark blue update: jeans! Remember when I wrote this post? You guys were FULL of recommendations! It seems that the Old Navy Rockstars and the Madewell High Rises were the most recommended picks. I haven’t had a free day to go shopping yet, but I do have a new pair of high-rise jeans! You got a preview of them in this pic from the Luke Bryan concert:

Blog reader Savannah has opened Revive Clothing Boutique, an online store that focuses on American-made denim. Savannah writes: “Revive’s hallmark is American-made denim and the boutique strives to continually offer the best fitting jeans in on-trend silhouettes, at a reasonable price.” The boutique’s focus on American made supports the US economy, fairly paid workers, and a reduced carbon footprint. They also have tops, sweaters, and dresses. (I love this color block cowl neck!) I also love that they feature REAL models of all sizes! The code KATHEATS will get you 15% off anything at Revive!  

Savannah sent me the Just Black Just Basic Ankle Skinny. What I loved about them most was the thick fabric. They are high-rise as promised, and they DO stay up way better than many of my low/mid rise jeans. The color is great as well!

To start my morning off extra cozy once I got out of that bed: eggs, orange, toast, and tea! (I switched to mint tea after my one cup of coffee.)

 

What kind of bedding style do you have?



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2otkq7J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049