Shots Of Our Week + Real Food Meals

Usually these two boys are battling it out with Nerf darts or climbing trees, but I captured a quiet moment when they were both enjoying some hot cocoa and doing Imagine Ink books (<– we LOVE these!) So sweet.

This guy was also having a quiet moment. I think the blah winter weather had us all feeling extra mellow and cozy. We snuggle on the floor in front of the fireplace all.evening.long.

The colder weather had me craving big bowls of whipped banana oatmeal as well! I stirred in a raspberry cottage cheese and put peanut butter drizzle on top. Sort of a quasi PB&J combo!

Another morning I had a quick bowl of cereal while Mazen and I cut out valentines! I cannot WAIT for berry season – this would have been so good with blueberries! I know you can buy them year round, but I just don’t want to pay for the out of season berries. Frozen is always a good option though.

Lunches this week have been warm and leftover focused. A rice bowl with zucchini, basmati rice (my new jam), cheese and Greek yogurt.

This lunch salad was rockin’ with flavor: arugula, sweet potatoes, goat cheese, olives, almonds, quinoa and a lemony dressing.

Another day I had leftover Cook Smarts slow cooker white chicken chili! Mug-sized with cheese and yogurt.

And here’s the dinner serving plus avocado! This chili was so easy and delish! (Go Hoos!)

Because of our Florida trip we didn’t do a date night out this week, so we made a special dinner and then watched the latest episode of This Is Us. What a heart wrencher!! Steaks, sautéed zucchini and tomatoes in a cream cheese and garlic “sauce” (Thomas’s invention and so good!) and rice in the rice cooker (still one of my all-time favorite appliances!)

And rewinding back to Monday, while we were still riding the Eagles high, we had leftover Superbowl ribs with sweet potato fries and a side salad!

Mazen wanted me to share his meal of the week – a burger, french fries, green beans, and a mini pizza!

Hope you guys had a great week yourselves!

The post Shots Of Our Week + Real Food Meals appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2C81bV2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub