Slinkin’ Through The Weekend

^ Valentine’s heart slinky!! Highlight of his week. We have to get him a big one to see if it walks down the stairs!

On Friday I made Julie’s Crockpot Coconut Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Stew. ‘Cept I used whole cauliflower instead of rice. It was packed with red curry and coconut, and we loved it!

Friday night we started the series The Sinner. I heard about it on the Young House Love podcast. We watched the first 3 episodes are are hooked! Now we just have to figure out if we can find them for free or need to buy the rest. The show stars Jessica Biel, who I did not recognize at first, and Bill Pullman, who I used to LOVE from his 90s movies. I only recognized him from his VOICE! #IndependenceDaySpeech

On Saturday morning we were served breakfast in bed! I heard a bunch of banging in the kitchen and Mazey appeared with sheet-pan trays and bread with both butter and peanut butter on top. Plus sippy cups with water! Very sweet.

Saturday morning “second breakfast” was a jalapeno and cheese omelet and fruit.

We did some chores around the house. I paid him $1 to help me with his laundry, and he did a great job with the socks and underpants.

We went to the gym mid-morning for workouts. I did elliptical + sauna + walking + stretching and Mazen built a house in KidsZone!

Lunch was a bunch of leftovers because our fridge was bare. Fish, yogurt, peppers, carrots, and manchego, plus chips on the side.

We hung Mazen’s school-made bird feeder. We haven’t seen any birds yet, but it’s in plain view tempting them over. M is really into birds right now.

We had gross, rainy, cold weather again, so we went to the mall to spend the afternoon inside yet get outside of the house.

Mazen got one of these little Hatchimals at the game store. The instructions said to rub it until warm and the heart turns purple and then gently crack it open. Well, we rubbed it warm for HOURS before Thomas was finally able to break it open. Not sure if we had a dud or if it was just too cold of a day to work! Mazen thought it was very cool and it was a great source of entertainment for a few hours, so it was worth all $3!

Grocery store stop! Note Thomas and I both put apples in the cart and didn’t realize it until we were checking out with 10 apples!

T made us a little cheese plate for a late afternoon snack.

I left the boys eating pizza and watching Zombies while I got dressed for the Legwarmers! My Bayside Tigers shirt was such a good purchase. It comes out every time. Apple Watch not appropriate for the decade! Just pretend it’s a calculator. 

I met a bunch of friends at Three Notch’d (Cville’s most popular group spot these days!). I had a new salad with brussels, beets, crispy farro, and avocado. It was good and healthy but maybe a little on the bland side. Pretzel balls and bites of pork nachos and french fries made up for it though!

We had a great time at the show. Highlights are always 99 Red Balloons, Come On Eileen and Total Eclipse of the Heart!

Sunday is always the day I try to relax the most, so I rarely take photos of our day. I read my book, snuggled with the boys, and played soccer late in the afternoon. Hope you guys had a great weekend!

The post Slinkin’ Through The Weekend appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2FegNd3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub