The Elements & Yoga Love

I have finally found my home yoga studio in Charlottesville. I’ve talked about Elements Hot Yoga on the blog before after they opened 2016, but I wanted to share a tour of their new space! They moved from further up 29N down to the Shops at Stonefield (next to Rocksalt) over the summer. The new location is so convenient and closer to town. I love going to Mezeh for lunch afterwards! The owners of Elements, Kendall and Monica, are so nice. Thomas and I take both of their classes the most!

The studio is gorgeous with lots of cool lights and reclaimed wood. The locker room entrance:

They brought the color-changing lights from the old space, and the studio is a steamy 90+ degrees at all times. Just looking at this picture makes my stress melt away! I often get there 10 minutes early to enjoy meditating in the heated room before class begins.

I know there are a lot of people who are afraid of hot yoga. (I meet them all the time in person.) I’ve heard people say they might faint of heat stroke, are nervous about being trapped in a class, or are otherwise apprehensive about trying something new. Let me tell you why I love hot yoga and this studio so much!

Five Reasons I Love Hot Vinyasa Yoga

Going to yoga feels like going to a spa.

I never have to make myself go to a yoga class – it always feels like a treat! From the super nice locker rooms to the warm studio heat that greets you like a blanket, to the lavender towel at the end, I feel so relaxed going there!

Refreshing shower anyone?!

The heat allows my muscles to fully open and my stress melts away.

While with yoga you always “build heat from within,” walking into a warm (90 degrees or warmer) studio means that muscles are never cold. I can’t tell you how many not-hot yoga classes I have shivered my way through! I am cold by nature, so I need the heat (and I am not afraid of sweat!) There is nothing like a deep triangle pose or revolved half moon when the muscles are warm. Yoga is about equally as beneficial to my muscles as a good massage.

I get a great workout and then a long rest.

I love hot vinyasa style because it’s a challenging flow workout that burns the muscles, gets your heart rate up a bit, and pushes you to the limit, but it ends with a lovely little rest. If I simply lie down for a nap I don’t enjoy it as much as if I work hard first, and the same “work hard, play hard” mentality is the backbone of a good vinyasa class. Savasana feels that much better after I’ve twisted and stretched for the 50 minutes prior. The cold face towel at the end is the perfect icing on the cake!

Music and dim lighting help me meditate.

I have one of those brains that is hard to turn off, and thus I’m one of those people who probably needs meditation the most. I love having music in class because it actually helps eliminate distractions. Music, while sometimes stimulating, allows me to ignore all the sounds of the other people – coughing, creaking, breathing – that can sometimes drive me crazy. I love the way Elements starts and ends with at totally dim room, only brightening the lights for the most energizing portion of the class.

Yoga spreads positivity.

What attracted me to yoga back in 2009 was all the love. Classes are often opened with inspiring quotes, instructors give little talks on overcoming obstacles, and I feel extra thankful for all my body can do. I always leave the class with a positive attitude.

In addition to yoga, Elements has a full cycle studio! Their newest class, The Fifth Element, combines cycle, strength and yoga into one power hour of a class. They offer core strength classes in the yoga studio, and all kinds of cycle combinations.

Here are some of their upcoming events to check out:

  • Chakralate Flow – Yoga flow followed by a Chocolate & Wine/Tea Pairing – Feb 17 (TOMORROW!) @ 4 pm – $25
  • Yin Yoga and Massage – Feb 18 @ 4 pm – $55. In this class you hold long posts and the instructors come around to massage your muscles during the class! I’ve taken the class, and it’s so relaxing. 
  • Nutrition Overhaul Workshop – Feb 21 or 24 – $35
And for anyone wanting to just give the studio a try: the Intro Deal is 2 weeks of unlimited yoga for $25. Elements has really reasonable pricing compared to other boutique studios. Check out their website for more info.

Tell me what you love about yoga, hot or not!

I am receiving yoga classes in exchange for spreading some good yoga news!

The post The Elements & Yoga Love appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2o3L1I5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049